• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BILLERICAY BLUE

Rose Tinted Brigade Member⭐⭐
Don't know if anyone spotted this, but it's worth a read....

Some Complaints About the ME
By BT-allanfc on 11/03/2011, under General Information.
Over the last couple of weeks we have received a number of emails complaining about the match engine, and I thought the best place to try and address them was here.

The first email was from manager AndyS. He complains that his side were playing a team ranked well, well below them, and his teams elite bowling rating should have not allowed the opposition to get anywhere near the 292 runs that they managed, even with a flat pitch. On top of that, he states that the amount of catches that were dropped by his team was unrealistic. Even their best fielders were putting them down. His anger seemed to be tempered a little though by the fact that his batsmen managed to overhaul the total with 8 balls left and 6 wickets in hand, but he still feels that 4 wickets were too many for them to lose.

A week later, we heard from AndyS again, but also bizarrely from his opposition MSDh. Both complained about unrealistic collapses in their innings during the last 10 overs, and also that their side had scored no where near as many runs as they should have in those overs. The match ended in a tie, but both captains still feel that the ME had pretty much screwed them over.

Another week passes, and then yet again I hear from AndyS. His poor team this time managed to score a staggering 327 against a much lower ranked opposition. In reply the opposition started poorly collapsing to 111-5, but then, complained AndyS, one of their batsmen who could only be rated as exceptional at best started to smash his miraculous to elite bowlers all over the park. Scoring at a strike rate of 200 was just not realistic, especially against the strong bowling attack, was the complaint. The reporter’s summary seemed to back this up with the remarkable middle order winning the game against the elite spin and miraculous seam attack.

Finally we heard from SafferSmith just last weekend. Coincidently, it was his game against AndyS that he felt was unfair. Even though we didn’t actually hear from AndyS this time (why would we – he won!) SafferSmith did mention that AndyS’s side suffered a stupid collapse in their innings first of all and managed only a low score of 171, a total that he felt was easily chasable by his experienced and strong batting line up. However, from being well set at 124-3, they fell 6 runs short, suffering what SafferSmith describes as “a ridiculous and unrealistic collapse from what is the worst match engine around”. Apparently he is going to quit playing immediately in protest and try and get as many other people to stop playing as they can.

Well, I am afraid that all I can say to SafferSmith, AndyS and MSDh is that there is not a lot I can do about the Real Life Match Engine, but I will try to keep these sort of events around and possible in Battrick too.

:hilarious::clap:

Back