• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yes, we could be better.

Eastwood? Fit.
We signed him on loan around the 22nd March. It is now August. We hear "when he gets fit". Bloody hell. Ignore the niggles and knocks all players get that rule out a game or two.
If Freddy cannot get match fit in 5 month...then he never will..IMHO.

I like to think that once Eastwood, Cresswell et all are fit, the team will change and will be a stronger one.

Smith
Clohessy Cresswell Phillips Straker/Leonard

Hall Spicer Timlin Hurst

Eastwood Tomlin

I would like to see this.

Not keen on Straker but I'm happy to go with Sturrock for a few months and see how he gets on.
looks ok to me but sod leonard at left back:omg:

Yes, we could be better.

Eastwood? Fit.
We signed him on loan around the 22nd March. It is now August. We hear "when he gets fit". Bloody hell. Ignore the niggles and knocks all players get that rule out a game or two.

Problem is, he was fit or as close to it as he's been in a while at the end of the year, then the season ended. Come pre-season, he's unfit again.

think its very soon that eastwood will be 100% fit but i think its gonna be even harder keeping him free of injuries.

We contributed with some woeful finishing though. No one apart from hall looked like they would score. Need a fit Freddy asap.

Fingers crossed...but I am not hopeful of a fit Freddy. The promise has been way too long. I mean, he has been a pro footballer for years..how long does it take to get fit??? Shades of Michael Owen.."when he is fit"..he never got fit enough or good enough again.

I hope to be proved well and truly wrong...but Cov are skint, yet while reportedly paying Freddy £8k a week ..did not feel he was in anyway good enough or fit enough to help them avoid the drop! They are not stupid!

Still not hopeful. Too many years since he was a decent, fit player. Nothing i have seen or heard since March 22nd has changed my mind.

Again..I hope you can all throw tomatoes at me on the Championship Winning parade..Freddy can throw the first!

I think the reality is - we have been poor for months. Almost the whole of 2012 in fact.

PS would realise that more than most. I am always hopeful but any talk of promotion appears without any basis whatsoever. Our form from January, the whimper against Crewe, the usual financial probs, a 0-6 home score and now two competitive defeats.

It is one thing being doom and gloom for no reason but it is important to have a reality check. We are in very bad shape.

PS, knows this and he has more experience than many to deal with it.

We can but hope!

Not true at all as we ended the league season 2nd in the form table.

Whilst the play offs were a disappointment we were playing decent football and getting results.

Why the Tottenham friendly is being used as a yardstick for anything I dont know. If we say that shows we are in bad shape then the Ipswich result shows we are in great shape.

Peterborough are two divisions above us, again not any barometer for where we are.

Saturday was incredibly disappointing, but we created chances and shouldnt have lost that game, but we did. We still have a lot of players to come back to fitness.

I agree with your original post that the comments about losing first 4 games seem to indicate a lack of belief in where the squad is, but I think thats more down to the injury issues and lack of settled midfield.

There were positives from Saturday but I think with a couple of away games coming up we are going to take a while to get into our stride now.

Yes, we could be better.

Eastwood? Fit.

He came to us unfit and had a knee problem that required surgery in the summer.

Not overly surpirsed he is struggling to get back to match fitness, time will tell if he can do so.

Back