• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tried to post the article but it's a LOT more than the 2000 word maximum!

Suffice to say: The Footballer Fraudster, part of ITV’s Swindles & Cons series, is available on ITVX from November 9
Ok mods, how come it's ok to post the link but not to post the story in full giving the appropriate credits? Took me bloody ages to do that!

Also, how come it's ok if you're doing it for the Echo stories??

Ok mods, how come it's ok to post the link but not to post the story in full giving the appropriate credits? Took me bloody ages to do that!

Also, how come it's ok if you're doing it for the Echo stories??
I guess it's because The Atlantic is behind a paywall, so it's in breach of copyright to copy and paste the whole thing. A bit different to the echo, although I'd argue doing the same is a bit of a grey area.

I guess it's because The Atlantic is behind a paywall, so it's in breach of copyright to copy and paste the whole thing. A bit different to the echo, although I'd argue doing the same is a bit of a grey area.
Thank you for taking the time when no-one else has. The Echo is still behind a subscription paywall though for many so I'm still none the wiser.

Let's not get melodramatic here. A life of crime is just that: a whole life of crime. He's still in his twenties. He hasn't turned to a life of crime, he's been a stupid young man over a short period of time, but still has time to turn it round.

If, on the other hand, he's still committing fraud and whatever else when he's in his, say, 50s, we can say he's turned to a life of crime.

Let's give the rest of his life the benefit of the doubt...
This has aged well. After watching the documentary, I would say he's well on his way to a life of crime.
Certainly doesn't seem to learn anything from his spells in prison, except maybe how to be even more devious?

This has aged well. After watching the documentary, I would say he's well on his way to a life of crime.
Certainly doesn't seem to learn anything from his spells in prison, except maybe how to be even more devious?
Could well be, but I'd say you're about 20 years early to quote me given what I wrote.

Yes, we watched it last night. Absolutely beggars belief. I just remember this slightly awkward young man who used to act as interpreter for Christophe and Laurent when they first came over! I did remember the Soccer Skills clip though.

Back