• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Meet the Blues Day.....

Fat Bastid

Coach
Yesterday afternoon I took my daughter (Posts on here as "Stan") to the meet the blues day with a view to seeing some of the players.

What a complete an utter waste of time it turned out to be!

We live in Chelmsford and arrived as early as we could (2pm). After walking around for about an hour not a single player was to be seen anywhere.

I understand that a few people on here have said that the players were told they could go about 1pm. If this is true then why was this fact not publicised and I would not have wasted my time?

How can you have a Meet the Blues day without any players is beyond me!

Even my wife remembers last time we turned up around 3pm to find players still milling about.

I will be writing to the club to complain bitterly about this matter as my daughter was somewhat upset about not seeing anyone.

At least when we went to the Billericay game ex-Shrimper David McSweeney took time to talk to us and sign our programme!

Very poor show in the PR department if you ask me!

I think Tez stayed the latest, but maybe that's because he was waiting for Jay Smith playing for the yoofs.
No use asking the big chiefs to my mind I can't remember seeing Uncle Ron there at all and he usually swans about at these events?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ Aug. 02 2004,08:20)]Yesterday afternoon I took my daughter (Posts on here as "Stan") to the meet the blues day with a view to seeing some of the players.

What a complete an utter waste of time it turned out to be!

We live in Chelmsford and arrived as early as we could (2pm).  After walking around for about an hour not a single player was to be seen anywhere.

I understand that a few people on here have said that the players were told they could go about 1pm.  If this is true then why was this fact not publicised and I would not have wasted my time?

How can you have a Meet the Blues day without any players is beyond me!

Even my wife remembers last time we turned up around 3pm to find players still milling about.

I will be writing to the club to complain bitterly about this matter as my daughter was somewhat upset about not seeing anyone.  

At least when we went to the Billericay game ex-Shrimper David McSweeney took time to talk to us and sign our programme!

Very poor show in the PR department if you ask me!
In all honesty PoD, you didn't miss an awful lot... I got there at 11:30 and the players were on the field warming up and running a [rather muted] training session involving weights, ball work in groups of 3 or 4 and pick-ups. At about 12:30, the players went to the stocks and various small children assaulted them with sponges full of a clear liquid substance that may have been water...
wink.gif
Paul Brush was the last to receive this treatment and he got the water tipped over him. They then signed autographs and had pictures taken by the SUSCT Tent, before clearing the field for the celebrity v youth match [the celebrities won 6-5] & didn't appear again.

I was generally disappointed... so as I say, you didn't miss much.
sad.gif

The only players we managed to see were ex-players.

My daughter did not have aclue who Danny Greaves or Garry Nelson were!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Aug. 02 2004,09:03)]They were still around at 1.55 but then a cry ran up of "Oh sh*t PoD has just gone past the Bell, let's go!"  
tounge.gif
I have to agree ORM, personally I have my heart set on being a footballer's wife but if you saw PoD you can understand why all the players did a runner cos the thought of having him as a father-in-law would be enough to put the toughest man off!!!
biggrin.gif

Well who else would name their daughter Stan - possibly after Stan Colleymore?? but thinking about it the milkman's called Stan as well
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Stan @ Aug. 02 2004,14:30)]Well who else would name their daughter Stan - possibly after Stan Colleymore?? but thinking about it the milkman's called Stan as well  
rock.gif
Give that computer back to Stanley please Mrs PoD!

Otherwise I will confiscate your photo of "Michael"!
biggrin.gif

It was her decision to call herself Stan anyway!

Watch out SZer's as I am contemplating enrolling Mrs PoD on the ikonboard and she hates football!
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ Aug. 02 2004,15:05)]Watch out SZer's as I am contemplating enrolling Mrs PoD on the ikonboard and she hates football!  
ghostface.gif
What makes you think I don't already post
mad.gif

Anyway leave Michael alone or i'll confiscate Sandy Shaw!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Stan @ Aug. 02 2004,15:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ Aug. 02 2004,15:05)]Watch out SZer's as I am contemplating enrolling Mrs PoD on the ikonboard and she hates football!  
ghostface.gif
What makes you think I don't already post
mad.gif

Anyway leave Michael alone or i'll confiscate Sandy Shaw!!
Sandy Shaw you dirty old Devil PoD

[b said:
Quote[/b] (new bloke @ Aug. 02 2004,15:37)]Anyway leave Michael alone or i'll confiscate Sandy Shaw!!
Sandy Shaw you dirty old Devil PoD[/QUOTE]
46 is not old and I wash every day thank you!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ Aug. 02 2004,15:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (new bloke @ Aug. 02 2004,15:37)]Anyway leave Michael alone or i'll confiscate Sandy Shaw!!
Sandy Shaw you dirty old Devil PoD
46 is not old and I wash every day thank you!
biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]
Yes I agree PoD 46 is not that old( coming from someone who is very close to that age) but Sandy Shaw,,, she must be nearly 90
wow.gif

Hhhhhmmmm, sounds like PoD's got a 'lora, lora surpirses for us'.

Surprise, surprise... when the unexpected hits you between the eyes'.

Ooooo-er! The lyrics to that show's song never seemed dirty in my youth.

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom&#33; @ Aug. 02 2004,16:32)]<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>LIVID</span>
So I guess now wouldn&#39;t be a good time to ask for a tenner then
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Aug. 02 2004,16:14)]Surprise, surprise... when the unexpected hits you between the eyes&#39;.

Ooooo-er&#33; The lyrics to that show&#39;s song never seemed dirty in my youth.

rock.gif
OS,

Hang on a minute, how comes you know the lyrics to the song?&#33;&#33;&#33;
tounge.gif

Back