• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Meet the Blues Day.....

I went to the Odeon last night to see a film. The screening was scheduled to begin at 7.30 but I arrived at 10.30.

Imagine my disgust when I discovered that, not only had the film finished, but half the cinema staff had gone home and those that remained refused to show the film again especially for me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ Aug. 05 2004,08:40)]I went to the Odeon last night to see a film.  The screening was scheduled to begin at 7.30 but I arrived at 10.30.  

Imagine my disgust when I discovered that, not only had the film finished, but half the cinema staff had gone home and those that remained refused to show the film again especially for me.
I understand your thinking Gremlin but at the same time the film was due to be screened between 7.30 and 9.35. This means that even if you had turned up at 9.30 you would have expected to see some of the film.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Aug. 03 2004,10:31)]I've never seen such a determined bunch.
That's because you weren't at SZFC training AGAIN last night

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Aug. 05 2004,09:28)]I understand your thinking Gremlin but at the same time the film was due to be screened between 7.30 and 9.35. This means that even if you had turned up at 9.30 you would have expected to see some of the film.
I don't think you do understand. I arrived 3 hours after the scheduled start, the same as PoD on Sunday.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ Aug. 05 2004,10:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Aug. 05 2004,09:28)]I understand your thinking Gremlin but at the same time the film was due to be screened between 7.30 and 9.35. This means that even if you had turned up at 9.30 you would have expected to see some of the film.
I don't think you do understand.  I arrived 3 hours after the scheduled start, the same as PoD on Sunday.
But aren't you missing ORM's point Gremlin, which is more to the point than your point which bares no relevance to the point in question, so what's your point?
rock.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Aug. 05 2004,10:14)]But aren't you missing ORM's point Gremlin, which is more to the point than your point which bares no relevance to the point in question, so what's your point?  
rock.gif

tounge.gif
Will chat with you about this on Saturday. It is a 6pm kick off, isn't it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (new bloke @ Aug. 05 2004,10:46)]I thought it was called Meet the Blues DAY not meet the Blues before 1pm day
rock.gif
Saturday is a 'Family Bonanza Day' but if you turn up 3 hours after the start you'll be disappointed. Well........maybe.

Family Bonanza Day or Family Bullsh*t Day - where for those who buy tickets on the day are unable to sit where they normally do and sit with who they normally go with!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shagster69 @ Aug. 05 2004,10:59)]Family Bonanza Day or Family Bullsh*t Day - where for those who buy tickets on the day are unable to sit where they normally do and sit with who they normally go with!
So what you are saying is that you would prefer it if the club did without the extra revenue generated and not make make any attempt to attract the next generation of younger fans just so you can sit with your mates?

Personally I have been very impressed by the marketing people at Roots hall. Crowds are on the up (no doubt helped by the LDV vans final) and I have noticed many more families in attendance at home games which can only be a good thing.

Well "controversial" is my middle name - or is that ORM's middle name!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ Aug. 05 2004,10:11)]
[b said:
I don't think you do understand.  I arrived 3 hours after the scheduled start, the same as PoD on Sunday.
Methinks I doth protest. Have you actually read my post correctly ? I'm in agreement with PoDs whinge to some degree.

In addition if you arrived 3 hours after the start your analogy of a turning up for the film at 10.30pm when the film had clearly been listed as finished was wholly inappropriate. That would have been equivalent to turning up at MTB day at 6pm.

I thank you.

Game, set and match to ORM.

You can't make a monkey out of Gus !

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Aug. 05 2004,12:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shagster69 @ Aug. 05 2004,11:27)]Well "controversial" is my middle name - or is that ORM's middle name!
not unless you spell controversial with an R
Why ? That would make Rontroversial and that would be really stupid

Back