• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Meet the Blues Day.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Stan @ Aug. 02 2004,16:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ Aug. 02 2004,16:32)]<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>LIVID</span>
So I guess now wouldn't be a good time to ask for a tenner then  
biggrin.gif
Bye, bye!

Kettle on in about 30 minutes please!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom&#33; @ Aug. 02 2004,17:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Aug. 02 2004,16:14)]Surprise, surprise... when the unexpected hits you between the eyes&#39;.

Ooooo-er&#33; The lyrics to that show&#39;s song never seemed dirty in my youth.

rock.gif
OS,

Hang on a minute, how comes you know the lyrics to the song?&#33;&#33;&#33;
tounge.gif
Erm... because... erm...

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Aug. 02 2004,17:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom&#33; @ Aug. 02 2004,17:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Aug. 02 2004,16:14)]Surprise, surprise... when the unexpected hits you between the eyes&#39;.

Ooooo-er&#33; The lyrics to that show&#39;s song never seemed dirty in my youth.

rock.gif
OS,

Hang on a minute, how comes you know the lyrics to the song?&#33;&#33;&#33;
tounge.gif
Erm... because... erm...

sad.gif
Wait up... how do you know that I know?

Hhhhmmmm?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ Aug. 02 2004,16:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Stan @ Aug. 02 2004,16:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ Aug. 02 2004,16:32)]<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>LIVID</span>
So I guess now wouldn't be a good time to ask for a tenner then  
biggrin.gif
Bye, bye!

Kettle on in about 30 minutes please!
biggrin.gif
Make one for me as well! 3 sugars! Cheers love.

Kev

wink.gif

Well my Mrs was well happy.
EE took a photo of her with Lewis Hunt&#33;
Which she claims to be her fav player
rock.gif
. Not sure what&#39;s going on there really&#33;&#33;
All i wanted was a photo with myself embracing Lord Gower&#33;
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Aug. 02 2004,17:15)]Well my Mrs was well happy.
EE took a photo of her with Lewis Hunt!
rock.gif
 . Not sure what's going on there really!!
All i wanted was a photo with myself embracing Lord Gower!
wink.gif
Made a nice change for her , after all the ugly blokes last Sunday
biggrin.gif

I also thought it was a joke that the players left so early,i believe 4 a small club like ours they should as part of pr exercise be made 2 stay until the last fan has gone home. the club havn&#39;t got a clue though have they..i mean it&#39;s 1 bloody day a year and they were allowed 2 leave at 1 o&#39;clock&#33;&#33;&#33; I bet half of those who attended wern&#39;t even there by 1 o&#39;clock. CLUELESS
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Aug. 02 2004,18:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Aug. 02 2004,17:15)]Well my Mrs was well happy.
EE took a photo of her with Lewis Hunt!
rock.gif
 . Not sure what's going on there really!!
All i wanted was a photo with myself embracing Lord Gower!
wink.gif
Made a nice change for her , after all the ugly blokes last Sunday
biggrin.gif
Oh no, she thought you guy's were really fit too.

NOT!
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mrs P @ Aug. 02 2004,19:27)]I also thought it was a joke that the players left so early,i believe 4 a small club like ours they should as part of pr exercise be made 2 stay until the last fan has gone home. the club havn't got a clue though have they..i mean it's 1 bloody day a year and they were allowed 2 leave at 1 o'clock!!!  I bet half of those who attended wern't even there by 1 o'clock. CLUELESS
rock.gif
The players themselves are a great bunch of lads. The problem lies with the club. Tilly has always been very much in with the fans so hopefully during the season he will sort things out. There is definitely an atmosphere within the club and it's not good. Must ask them why they didn't stay for the whole day

I was able to get photos with every player, but the players should of stayed longer than 1oclock because that only gave the fans an hour after the players training session to get autographs etc and thats not long enough.

when i left at 2ish the only players around i saw was williams and kights.

the club should make sure they stay to at least 3 next year, also bring the kit out at meet the blues day.

To be honest Sundays are usually the players&#39; day off and after playing for 90 mins in the heat the day before I&#39;m impressed they made it out that early on Sunday. All of them were happy to sign and pose for photos and chat. The fact they left at around 1pm was probably because there weren&#39;t that many people around, and a lot of the players were hanging around doing nothing. So what&#39;s the point hanging around.

PoD, it&#39;s easy to get autographs and meet players, if you really want to.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jenks19 @ Aug. 02 2004,21:44)]There is definitely an atmosphere within the club and it&#39;s not good.
Is there? As an Exile (and therefore someone who rarely gets to see the players interact at first hand, other than on the pitch), I don&#39;t understand what you mean by this... after all, if we don&#39;t have a rock-solid team and a totally fired-up attitude, then we&#39;re fcuked, aren&#39;t we?

sad.gif

Matt

There is not an atmosphere within the club at all. All the players want to do at the moment is play and win games.

I&#39;ve never seen such a determined bunch.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Aug. 03 2004,10:31)]I've never seen such a determined bunch.

smile.gif
Good.

Although I'm not sure I believe you... I've witnessed at first hand the STC making their way to the Salisbury Cafe on a Saturday morning...

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I&#39;ve never seen such a determined bunch.
I agree with Napster. Watching the players at the MTBD, especially when they were in the stocks, I thought to myself how close they look as a group. I was also aware of how well they all seem to get on with Tilly.

Atmosphere&#33;?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Aug. 03 2004,09:24)]To be honest Sundays are usually the players&#39; day off and after playing for 90 mins in the heat the day before I&#39;m impressed they made it out that early on Sunday. All of them were happy to sign and pose for photos and chat. The fact they left at around 1pm was probably because there weren&#39;t that many people around, and a lot of the players were hanging around doing nothing. So what&#39;s the point hanging around.

PoD, it&#39;s easy to get autographs and meet players, if you really want to.
My friend and I had our photo taken with some bloke in a
Crevette shirt and red shorts&#33; Don&#39;t think he was a first teamer tho&#33;&#33;&#33; He also had a bad limp? Does anyone know who this player is??? It was really easy to meet him although we didnt bother getting his autograph&#33;&#33;&#33;

There is really no pleasing some people. Has it occured to some of you that some of the players might have family of their own. I arrived at 11.30am with my daughter and wandered around until about 14.30. Some of the players were still milling around most noticable Tes Bramble and Jay Smith but the manager was playing on the pitch, some of the greats were playing alongside him and all im hearing is complaining that most of the players who were giving up their day off had left.

They went through a training session, they had sponges chucked at them in the stocks, they signed autographs and posed with supporters for photos, offered up big smiles all round and done just what was expected of them, GET THE f**k OFF THEIR BACKS&#33;&#33;

don&#39;t know if it&#39;s been mentioned but the Echo have publuished the fist whinging fan letter of the season complaining about MTBD and our JeffA.
And the season hasn&#39;t even begun yet
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Aug. 04 2004,20:49)]don't know if it's been mentioned but the Echo have publuished the  fist whinging fan letter of the season complaining about MTBD and our JeffA.
And the season hasn't even begun yet
mad.gif
Was the writer our very own PoD ?

Back