• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Meet the few day

Was thinking about it but as it’s at Roots Hall and not Boots and Laces might give it a miss.

On account that my 2 sons have no interest in football i’m taking my football crazy nephew again! (Have rescued him form a life of misery being an Arsenal fan, he’s now a die hard shrimper!)

Lucky I saw Ricey’s post as I’d have headed for B&L ;-/

Was thinking about it but as it’s at Roots Hall and not Boots and Laces might give it a miss.

Watching them train on the pitch is actually a lot of fun, plus, this way you can do it with a pint. Even if you don't want to wait to get autographs or go to any of the stalls, then it's worth coming along for that and to see how Bond conducts training.

From the official site.

For 2019 we will be holding our Meet the Blues Day at Roots Hall Stadium.

Blues supporters will have the chance to meet the players and management staff ahead of the new season on Sunday July 28 from 10am.

This event is free to attend and the Blues Box Office will be open to purchase season cards, upcoming match tickets and Junior Blues memberships.

The Southend United Club Shop will be open to purchase the 2019/20 home kit - please note we are waiting on confirmation from Just Sport Group in regards to the away kit being available for purchase due to added sublimation and we will keep you updated on availability.

Southend United Community & Educational Trust will be running fun activities at the top of the car park so make sure you take part and you could win some great prizes!

Kevin Bond will conduct a first team training session on the Roots Hall pitch with supporters encouraged to come along and get a first-hand look at how preparations are shaping up ahead of the new campaign.

The Fairfield BMW East Stand will be open for fans to watch the session with the catering units and bars open for fans to purchase refreshments.

The players will then take part in a signing session in the Shrimpers Bar where the Trust will also be taking bookings for away travel and memberships along with merchandise and programme sales.

The Roots Hall car park will be available on a first come, first served basis and we ask all fans to enter using the Fairfax Drive entrance by the Get It Printed North Stand.

Draft schedule of events

10am – Blues Box Office, Southend United Club Shop and Community activities are open at the top of the car park.

11am – Blues open training session will take place on the pitch at Roots Hall.

12pm – Community activities continue

1pm – Southend United first team signing session in the Shrimpers Bar

Not many there are there?

EAjcLdaXkAIMFz2

The shop was doing good business, the trust was active, big queue to get in Shrimpers to get autographs and selfies but overall very poor and needs to go back to Boots and Laces & get some planning and organisation done early.

The shop was doing good business, the trust was active, big queue to get in Shrimpers to get autographs and selfies but overall very poor and needs to go back to Boots and Laces & get some planning and organisation done early.

I found the training interesting, thought they looked good, but after that and a quick look round the shop I was bored and went home. Definitely better at Boots and Laces.

I found the training interesting, thought they looked good, but after that and a quick look round the shop I was bored and went home. Definitely better at Boots and Laces.
Yeah, agree - the event should be at B&L, much more space.

Whilst queuing up for the players signatures I noticed how filthy the place is, surely they could at least have a tidy up. Noticed loads of rubbish and cigarette buts on the floor and weeds growing through cracks in the concrete. RH is becoming an embarrassment.

Watching them train on the pitch is actually a lot of fun, plus, this way you can do it with a pint. Even if you don't want to wait to get autographs or go to any of the stalls, then it's worth coming along for that and to see how Bond conducts training.
Having now seen KBs training and CPs too it was really noticeable how much more serious things are with KB in charge.

Interesting though

Yeah, agree - the event should be at B&L, much more space.

Whilst queuing up for the players signatures I noticed how filthy the place is, surely they could at least have a tidy up. Noticed loads of rubbish and cigarette buts on the floor and weeds growing through cracks in the concrete. RH is becoming an embarrassment.

It’s been an embarrassment for many years now.

Anyone feel a little deflated after today’s MTB session? I know that being at RH meant it was a little difficult to get that laid-back training atmosphere we’re used to at B&L, but the whole setup was pretty poor in my opinion.

The car park was shut when we arrived so, after parking near SHSB, I assumed the ‘community area’ would be buzzing and cover most of the car park. Alas, for those who didn’t go, the community area was a single gazebo with about six stalls inside: a few charities, something mildly SUFC related and a stall selling knock-off handbags. Absolutely awful.

As far as the training session went, the players seemed like they were there against their will under pain of being sacked. Half of them barely touched a ball with a few players not even showing their faces (yes, I’m aware there may have been injuries and players on limited training).

The players then left the pitch at 11:45am, after what was essentially a shooting practise (let’s not go into how many balls were lost over the south stand - it’s pre-season and they have a week to go!), and the bar wasn’t even open to chill in until the signing so I saw people leaving in droves.

Anyway, was anyone else left wanting a bit more from what was advertised as a fun family day out?

Car park was open but the club had stated beforehand to enter via West Street via the North Bank.

Back