• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Meet the few day

Perhaps @OldBlueLady can offer some for detail, but I thought I read that there was maintenance work or similar ongoing at Boots & Laces that made it difficult to host MTBD this year.

The official line about the reason it was held at Roots Hall rather than B&L was to do with the fact that there was no manager in place meaning they didn't have a date set, and, by the time one was in place, it was too late to arrange for the marquees and for licences at B&L. It was also too late to organise extended licences for Roots Hall meaning we were stuck with Sunday licensing hours. They'll have lost loads of bar related revenue compared to normal. I also know that the booked ice-cream van failed to turn up.

Considering it was put together in less than a month though, I think some credit all round for those who tried to organise something at such short notice might be due.

The two children in those photos are members of the Junior Blues, and the first in the queue for new shirts at the shop.

From my point of view, I signed up/renewed more Junior Blues than I have ever done before - apart from when we relaunched. We also sold considerable amounts of old merchandise from previous years gifts. Having said that, the Trust will have had a poor result financially as there wasn't a great uptake of programme or merchandise sales.

Signing was also over much quicker than in previous years and players seemed to like having it in the Shrimpers Bar.

As for Humphrys, we were told he had a family event that he needed to go to.

Lots of happy faces though, and plenty of shirts sold from the Club shop. The shirt does look much better in the flesh.

Who remembers the firework display in the late 80s we all sat in the main stand but could not see the fireworks because of the roof was in the way ,I seen it’s not changed in all those years
**** up in a brewery comes to mind

Who remembers the firework display in the late 80s we all sat in the main stand but could not see the fireworks because of the roof was in the way ,I seen it’s not changed in all those years
**** up in a brewery comes to mind
Yep those were the days, great display still have photo attached :ROFL:

1564394932328.jpeg

The official line about the reason it was held at Roots Hall rather than B&L was to do with the fact that there was no manager in place meaning they didn't have a date set, and, by the time one was in place, it was too late to arrange for the marquees and for licences at B&L. It was also too late to organise extended licences for Roots Hall meaning we were stuck with Sunday licensing hours. They'll have lost loads of bar related revenue compared to normal. I also know that the booked ice-cream van failed to turn up.

Considering it was put together in less than a month though, I think some credit all round for those who tried to organise something at such short notice might be due.

The two children in those photos are members of the Junior Blues, and the first in the queue for new shirts at the shop.

From my point of view, I signed up/renewed more Junior Blues than I have ever done before - apart from when we relaunched. We also sold considerable amounts of old merchandise from previous years gifts. Having said that, the Trust will have had a poor result financially as there wasn't a great uptake of programme or merchandise sales.

Signing was also over much quicker than in previous years and players seemed to like having it in the Shrimpers Bar.

As for Humphrys, we were told he had a family event that he needed to go to.

Lots of happy faces though, and plenty of shirts sold from the Club shop. The shirt does look much better in the flesh.

That's a frustrating statement from the club and patently untrue, the necessary booze licences could have been easily obtained generating more income for the club. Ah well, no matter - I didn't attend this year because of the location but hopefully things will be back to normal in future years, and I guess the most important thing is that the Junior Clues enjoyed the day.

Back