• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Another hugely successful MTPD at Roots Hall this morning. 80 Junior Blues - and their parents and grandparents - had a really good morning with the team at Roots Hall.

This was our first event with Chris Powell in charge and I have to say, it was quite different to previous times. Phil's always been great at these events, but Chris and Damien Matthew were fantastic with the children, talking to them about how training worked and what benefits there were, what to look for, and asking them to choose the best goal scored during the sessions.

They came back at the end to "de-brief" too, and the children really responded to their proactive approach.

We did the autographs first, at Chris' suggestion, and this worked well with everyone getting plenty of opportunity to get autographs and photos. It was a very good humoured event with almost a full squad out - just Ted, Fortuné and Rob Kiernan missing.

Some great photos on the OS https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2018/april/junior-blues-meet-the-players-day/

Well done Kay looking at some of the photos it seems a good day was had by all

Great job Kay (as always) in helping making this precious event take place.

I fondly recall being one of those young junior blues players back in the late 80's, meeting my idols (Richard Cadette, Danny O'Shea etc) and all part of my induction into being a life long fan.

Slightly off topic, (& not asking for gossip)..but in your personal opinion, given Ted's absence today, do you think he wont be even warming the bench at all this season, considering he's injury. I was slightly hoping he might make an appearance in some manner during the final run in.

Great job Kay (as always) in helping making this precious event take place.

I fondly recall being one of those young junior blues players back in the late 80's, meeting my idols (Richard Cadette, Danny O'Shea etc) and all part of my induction into being a life long fan.

Slightly off topic, (& not asking for gossip)..but in your personal opinion, given Ted's absence today, do you think he wont be even warming the bench at all this season, considering he's injury. I was slightly hoping he might make an appearance in some manner during the final run in.

I honestly couldn't say, I really don't know. Nathan Bishop looks very assured out there, I do fear that Ted may have missed the boat with us - I hope not but he needs to be playing next season wherever he is.

I honestly couldn't say, I really don't know. Nathan Bishop looks very assured out there, I do fear that Ted may have missed the boat with us - I hope not but he needs to be playing next season wherever he is.

That shoulder injury has turned out to be bad. Let's hope it gets better with the summer break, otherwise he won't be playing anywhere next season.

Great response by the Southend players and backroom team

But take a bow Kay and all those that work behind the scenes for free, I could not imagine how much free time you and the others have given in order to make these events a success, without you and other like minded people the club would be nothing
From the silent majority who turn up and enjoy the day as much as the kids

Thank you :happy::happy:

Back