• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lord Football

Blues on Tour
Good evening Gang.

The next Supporters Liaison Meeting is on 9 July, cleverly scheduled to avoid any World Cup games at all.

Agenda is pretty empty at the moment, bar the on-going discussion on disabled seating. I assume we will get an update on the kit, season ticket sales, the pitch (which looked lovely, grassy and green today) and Meet The Blues Day.

If you want anything raised, please put a post in this thread or if you don't want to go public, drop me a PM.

Ta muchly.

I've given up on improvements to the gents toilets in the West, but I would like confirmation that the ground maintenance staff have done something about the leaks as you enter the West when it is brassing it down with rain. Last season there was water pouring through the stand entrance ceiling on several occasions . As there is lighting on the ceiling it really does seem a bit dangerous.

I've given up on improvements to the gents toilets in the West, but I would like confirmation that the ground maintenance staff have done something about the leaks as you enter the West when it is brassing it down with rain. Last season there was water pouring through the stand entrance ceiling on several occasions . As there is lighting on the ceiling it really does seem a bit dangerous.

i dream about going to the toilet ,not walking into someone walking out , not getting wet feet, washing my hand with hot water AND soap, and leaving with dry hand having used a HOT hand drying machine , and then walking out with out bumiping into someone walking in. I know, I know , my expectations are just far too high and frankly ridiculous

i dream about going to the toilet ,not walking into someone walking out , not getting wet feet, washing my hand with hot water AND soap, and leaving with dry hand having used a HOT hand drying machine , and then walking out with out bumiping into someone walking in. I know, I know , my expectations are just far too high and frankly ridiculous

Your sights need to be set much higher than this !

How about the west stand bar. It appears that a tree is growing through the roof and it leaked badly last year.

Also is there any chance that the bar staff could pre pour like 20 pint pre match and at half time to speed up queues. It takes an age to get a beer.

How about the west stand bar. It appears that a tree is growing through the roof and it leaked badly last year.

Also is there any chance that the bar staff could pre pour like 20 pint pre match and at half time to speed up queues. It takes an age to get a beer.
This is my main gripe. It's so inefficient at the moment and takes ages.

Can we get an update about the clubs attitude to parachute payments and whether we or any one other clubs are petitioning the league to ban them? So that at least there is a level playing field in the competition ? Should I be buying a season ticket knowing We only stand a shot at the play offs given the huge advantage to clubs receiving these payments. Sunderland £50m over the next 2 years !!

Can we get an update about the clubs attitude to parachute payments and whether we or any one other clubs are petitioning the league to ban them? So that at least there is a level playing field in the competition ? Should I be buying a season ticket knowing We only stand a shot at the play offs given the huge advantage to clubs receiving these payments. Sunderland £50m over the next 2 years !!

Don’t buy a season ticket then?

Parachute payments are there to give newly promoted teams to the EPL a chance.

If the league was decided on income capital then Football would be pointless. Fortunately, its not!

Eh? Parachute payments are to help financing (bail-out) of clubs relegated from the Prem but still with umpteen players on highly paid contracts. Be better if it was a one-off payment and not three years worth of dosh as now.

Pre pour drinks in the West has been discussed before and it's just not practical - there's no way it could be sensibly monitored. Personally, I don't understand the need to cram alcohol in during a 15 minute spell at half time - rather wait till afterwards and go and sup a pint in comfort somewhere - maybe people wouldn't need to use the loos as much then either, lol! Two problems solved at once! :smiles:

We (EFL) signed up to this when we agreed to the solidarity payments we already get from the EPL. Year before last ( might be last season I can’t be sure) league one clubs got £650,000 each ( league 2 430,000). Plus was he EPL pays towards players insurance and pension ( I don’t have figures). Don’t get me wrong, it’s still sweet FA compared to what they could/should do, but I thought it was worth mentioning

This may seem a trivial request, but it really irritates me at every home game;

Please can the music be switched off at least 3 mins before KO? It really spoils the atmosphere when you can’t hear the crowd getting behind the team (above some pointless pop song) leading up to the kicking off.

Thanks
Victor Meldew

Don’t buy a season ticket then?

Parachute payments are there to give newly promoted teams to the EPL a chance.

If the league was decided on income capital then Football would be pointless. Fortunately, its not!

Final comment then back to the toilet stuff, apols to LF

Parachute payments are worth 5 points over every other team according to research. Not exactly a fair playing field is it?

"Parachute payments in English Football " ( Wilson, Grish and Ramchandani). Answer: significant distortion of the balance of
fair competition. Response: every club in EFL should be petitioning to get this unfair system ended

Back