• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Meeting with Ron 15th

Did he elaborate on what he meant by this? I can't see why a CEO that is good enough to help to stop us failing wouldn't also be able to help take us forward.

Depends. Different people have different skillsets. Some people are good at crisis management (which is what we need) but aren't as experienced at progressing past that. However, I would argue this is why we need someone, and more importantly someone that is good at managing a crisis.

Rent isn’t going to charged just as now. He is just going to build up an inter company liability in the books so that if a massive transfer fee comes in or a big offer to buy the club then there is the opportunity in those circumstances to recover rent not charged. In the end however you wrap it up he owns the club and will own the stadium whether via the club or otherwise. This sort of arrangement is just good business sense even if we just want things gifted in all circumstances.

Indeed. So we just continue to build up a debt so if anyone ever wants to buy Ron out they'll have to pay it all back. That should ensure we're stuck with him for a very long time.

Indeed. So we just continue to build up a debt so if anyone ever wants to buy Ron out they'll have to pay it all back. That should ensure we're stuck with him for a very long time.
Well again remember it’s paper debt, inter co, not “external” or owed to a bank. And yes if that point came it would be a point of negotiation. But in reality Ron can also write some or all of it off to suit. It’s not like a debt that is time limited, or even ultimately has to paid.

Firstly well done to one and all for getting this meeting organised.Although after reading this article twice didn't learn anything new.It would have been nice to learn that he was doing everything in his power to allow MM to bring in a target man we desperately need.Rather than tell us why certain players aren't coming.We all need to have some positivity in these difficult times.

An acceptance that we might go down, however, doing our best not to. He went back to the Phil Brown days and the split in the camp. We’ve never got the culture back from before the split. RM wanted to rid the team of players who were either troublesome or were earning and not delivering.

I'm not being funny but surely the split in the camp at the end of the Phil Brown era was caused in the main by Nile Ranger's continuously flouting the rules. I'm sure i remember reading this written by several different players/ staff ...... Its just plain crazy to go down the same route.

Did he elaborate on what he meant by this? I can't see why a CEO that is good enough to help to stop us failing wouldn't also be able to help take us forward.

Because, as I have said many times, we can't afford one. A lot of you don't seem to know that staff have been laid off, with some staff covering for their duties. It's not had much effect yet, but may do once we get back to a proper crowd at Roots Hall. Ron is more or less telling you that he wants a CEO, but when times are better and when the Fossett's development gets the full go ahead.

"Not planning for next season.....doesn't want to talk about relegation" ?

Would you rather put some of your energy into planning for what happens in the event of a potential relegation, or put all of your energy into doing everything you can, and opening every potential option available up to the manager to ensure he has the tools at his disposal to avoid the potential of a relegation?

Well again remember it’s paper debt, inter co, not “external” or owed to a bank. And yes if that point came it would be a point of negotiation. But in reality Ron can also write some or all of it off to suit. It’s not like a debt that is time limited, or even ultimately has to paid.

He may not charge it, but I don't believe he'll write it off. It'll sit on the balance sheet as a liability so, if someone is looking to buy him out, they'd see it as due.

More to the point, if we're in debt to him at the moment then why hasn't he written that off? He keeps saying he'll write it off when we move stadium, but what has that got to do with it? He could write it off now, or is he taking that back when we move, and starting from scratch?

Last edited:
He may not charge it, but I don't believe he'll write it off. It'll sit on the balance sheet as a liability so, if someone is looking to buy him out, they'd see it as due.

More to the point, if we're in debt to him at the moment then why hasn't he written that off? He keeps saying he'll write it off when we move stadium, but what has that got to do with it? He could write it off now, or is he taking that back when we move, and starting from scratch?
I believe we start from scratch when we move - but it'll just build up again...the club itself not owning its stadium and training facilities will never be sustainable...and it sounds like (at least to me!) that this will continue and they will be owned as separate things by Ron (or his Company(ies)). I also suspect the rent will be higher than Roots Hall, barring in mind its monstrous size compared to our fan base!!!

Its all debt to himself from himself... it nets out across the group of companies. There's a whole bundle of potential reasons relating to tax liabilities, balance sheets, positioning for future transactions etc. It really doesn't matter. If it was owed to a bank with a requirement to pay it back on demand, or say by the end of next year then I would worry.

Its all debt to himself from himself... it nets out across the group of companies. There's a whole bundle of potential reasons relating to tax liabilities, balance sheets, positioning for future transactions etc. It really doesn't matter. If it was owed to a bank with a requirement to pay it back on demand, or say by the end of next year then I would worry.

Not whilst he's the owner it doesn't, but when he sells it does.

If ron does ever build the new stadium then surely it will be in his best interest to sell the club then. I think their would be lot of interested parties who would buy us.

Having read all of the minutes, the whole CEO thing just baffles me. He's been saying the same thing for years, how can he not realise we need one now. He wants one when we're not failing but the reality is one of the main reasons that we're failing is because we need one. Literally makes no sense!

Back