• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Meeting with Ron 15th

Lord Football

Blues on Tour
A quick heads up. The ST have arranged a supporters meeting with Ron on 15th. I understand Ron as been ill, and we are limited to just one hour. Attendance is for the Liaison Group and Trust committee, and questions are going to be massively restricted due to the time limits.

I have fielded a couple of questions about costs for next seasons, credits on Season Tickets etc etc.

Unlike the usual Liaison Meetings, I am not really in a position to open this out further - but between us all we'll cover as many bases as we can.

I'll put an update on here once the meeting has finished.

Cheers for the update Kerry. Don't forget to wear your protective face covering, don't want to scare Ron too much if he's ill.:Winking:

A quick heads up. The ST have arranged a supporters meeting with Ron on 15th. I understand Ron as been ill, and we are limited to just one hour. Attendance is for the Liaison Group and Trust committee, and questions are going to be massively restricted due to the time limits.

I have fielded a couple of questions about costs for next seasons, credits on Season Tickets etc etc.

Unlike the usual Liaison Meetings, I am not really in a position to open this out further - but between us all we'll cover as many bases as we can.

I'll put an update on here once the meeting has finished.

Just for the record, on my Espanyol season card for last season ,cancelled with 5 home fixtures remaining I'll get a whopping 20% discount on my 2021/22 card,which is the option some 80% of supporters chose (not suprisingly).Something similar for SUFC supporters would be appreciated, I'm sure

I have one, someone might be able to answer. When we're relegated, will we still have access to ifollow, especially exiled Shrimpers (assuming things will turn to normal).

I have one, someone might be able to answer. When we're relegated, will we still have access to ifollow, especially exiled Shrimpers (assuming things will turn to normal).
I thought ifollow was especially for exiled Shrimpers and was only introduced to others due to the pandemic, but could be wrong.

I thought ifollow was especially for exiled Shrimpers and was only introduced to others due to the pandemic, but could be wrong.

Yes agreed, but does it cover the NL, I have no idea. I guess you can also ask (if things stay the same) will the rest of us be able to watch on ifollow.

I have a rather delicate question and i am hoping that someone can ask it but maybe in a more sympathetic manner.

Ron , if , God forbid , you croak it , what happens to our club. No seriously , who becomes the new owner etc ... and are there any safeguards in place that we wont get swallowed up by your companies debts.

PS Get well soon

Thank you

Yes agreed, but does it cover the NL, I have no idea. I guess you can also ask (if things stay the same) will the rest of us be able to watch on ifollow.
No, ifollow is only for EFL clubs.
I don't think there is a generic one for the NL so Southend would have to set up their own one if we go down.

I have a rather delicate question and i am hoping that someone can ask it but maybe in a more sympathetic manner.

Ron , if , God forbid , you croak it , what happens to our club. No seriously , who becomes the new owner etc ... and are there any safeguards in place that we wont get swallowed up by your companies debts.

PS Get well soon

Thank you

I tried to get someone to ask a question about succession planning maybe about 5 years ago? Can't remember if it got asked - if it did it got brushed away.

Apparenly not according to my Cambridge United supporting mate (who've recently been non -league themselves).Though Boreham Wood have a camera there for their games so something must be possible but not iFollow presumably.

(Chin up we might not get relegated).

That's right. However I wonder if iFollow could be offered for an annual fee to Southend's away games next season (assuming full crowds are let back in)? £230 at £10 per game so maybe the annual fee could be £199? Could you ask Ron about this....?

Ask him how the playoff preparations are going.

And on a more serious note the ifollow question is good. Are away games something that may be lobbied for? The infrastructure is in place, seems like money for nothing to me, and the hardcore away fans will still go.

Back