• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Meeting with Ron Martin

Cricko

Smiffy and myself have just returned from a Meeting with Ron and Gary Adamson at the club. Ron is totally behind The Blue Voice, so much so that he has agreed to finance us in the future.This is not just talk as he has told us to order another 18 Blue Voice flags, 12 of which the Bluebelles will hold at the tunnel when the players come out. We are to try to find smaller ones for the Family section aswell.....He will be on the pitch tomorrow to give all the fans a boost.... One of the most exciting things that came out of tonights meeting is that Ron is going to look into ways of giving us back the North Bank next season providing the costs are not astronomic...I will set up a poll later to find out your thoughts on this.

Happy Days .....More news as and when we have it.

John @ Lee.

PS: He confirmed he reads the Zone :eek:

One of the most exciting things that came out of tonights meeting is that Ron is going to look into ways of giving us back the North Bank next season

I remember at a Q & A Paul Clarke was asked "what was it like to have the home fans in the North Bank" to which he answered

"depended what they were shouting at you"

Seriously well done to all behind the Blue Voice. best of luck.

Excellent news and well done to you both. Rom Martin is a top bloke and under him I know that the club's future looks very good indeed.

Happy New Year Ron and thank you.:D

It would be interesting to see where they put the away fans if the North is given back to Southend.

It is just a shame that he cannot show this much support and interest in the womens set up at the club

It would be interesting to see where they put the away fans if the North is given back to Southend.

I can't say at the moment Beefy as this is only at base 1 ...but it was discussed.

an intended mistake?????

The sentiment is real, unfortunately my typing skills are not as good as they should be however. Thank you for pointing this out - obviously a boring night at home for you tonight eh Flinty?

Once again (and for the record) thank you Ron and all best wishes to you for 2008. Let us hope that all your hard work on our behalf will be rewarded with the news we all want to hear regarding the new ground very shortly now.

So is Ron already resigning himself to the fact we will be in League One next year? As I cannot see the reclaiming of the North Bank happening if we are in the Championship, due to the size of the away support.

Also is anyone from the Blue Voice going to respond to the Echo letter about the abusive support towards Lee Hughes? Personally I feel that he should be given stick because his sentence was a joke when you consider a life was lost.

I can't say at the moment Beefy as this is only at base 1 ...but it was discussed.

Oh yeah I wasn't fishing for an answer. It's just always seemed to be the main sticking point to having Southend fans back in there.

Hopefully this goes ahead. I'm more than happy with my nice view from the South Upper so wouldn't plan on moving my season ticket but I'd love to go into the North for the cup matches.

So is Ron already resigning himself to the fact we will be in League One next year? As I cannot see the reclaiming of the North Bank happening if we are in the Championship, due to the size of the away support.

Also is anyone from the Blue Voice going to respond to the Echo letter about the abusive support towards Lee Hughes? Personally I feel that he should be given stick because his sentence was a joke when you consider a life was lost.

I did not see the letter in the Echo Andee.....Have you a link and I will respond ...

Ta Mate.

It is just a shame that he cannot show this much support and interest in the womens set up at the club

Erm, I suggest you speak to Gary (Commercial Director). He was looking into taking the ladies part of the club forward. If you ask Steph she will tell you cos I sent her the email I got back from Gary!

Dont anger those that have and continue to be supportive cos when thats gone there is little if anything left! :mad:

Smiffy and myself have just returned from a Meeting with Ron and Gary Adamson at the club. Ron is totally behind The Blue Voice, so much so that he has agreed to finance us in the future.This is not just talk as he has told us to order another 18 Blue Voice flags, 12 of which the Bluebelles will hold at the tunnel when the players come out. We are to try to find smaller ones for the Family section aswell.....He will be on the pitch tomorrow to give all the fans a boost.... One of the most exciting things that came out of tonights meeting is that Ron is going to look into ways of giving us back the North Bank next season providing the costs are not astronomic...I will set up a poll later to find out your thoughts on this.

Happy Days .....More news as and when we have it.

John @ Lee.

PS: He confirmed he reads the Zone :eek:

Never knew about this meeting

Back