• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Meeting with Ron

Lord Football

Blues on Tour
All

A bit short notice, but the Supporters Liaison Group has been invited to a Q&A with Ron at The Hall on the Monday.

Whilst at this stage I am not 100% sure of the format, the last time we met it basically involved us firing questions at him. There were some formal minutes that were shared - but either way I will be reporting back what was said.

The line of questioning from me will be

Who paid the debt, what involvement do they have with SUFC either now or going forward?

Will we be able to meet our tax liabilities going forward, or do we have more court dates to look forward to?

What is the situation with the CEO?

Referencing our last meeting, is the wage bill now on a footing where we can look forwards or do more cuts need to be made?

Southend United has become a laughing stock both on and off the field. What do you intend to do to rectify this?

I am sure we will get updates on the possibilities of getting back into the ground and issues around tickets credits.
Watch this space.

All

A bit short notice, but the Supporters Liaison Group has been invited to a Q&A with Ron at The Hall on the Monday.

Whilst at this stage I am not 100% sure of the format, the last time we met it basically involved us firing questions at him. There were some formal minutes that were shared - but either way I will be reporting back what was said.

Who paid the debt, what involvement do they have with SUFC either now or going forward?

Will we be able to meet our tax liabilities going forward, or do we have more court dates to look forward to?

Referencing our last meeting, is the wage bill now on a footing where we can look forwards or do more cuts need to be made?

Southend United has become a laughing stock both on and off the field. What do you intend to do to rectify this?

I am sure we will get updates on the possibilities of getting back into the ground and issues around tickets credits.
Watch this space.
The fact that we can't watch games in person, an update from the club on what action is being taken to improve the very poor iFollow service.

can you thank him for doing things like this, but also state that some of the 'good' is un done by him promising to keep us updated every week and not doing it. I'm sure he means well and has best intentions but 9 times out of 10 he fails to update us on the date HE has given.

We all 'assume' that when planning permission is given this means that Ron will have access to additional funds- is this assumption correct?

Does he know what conversations are going on between the EFL and EPL re giving us some money.

is he for or against the EFL Liverpool. Manu proposal and more importantly can he explain the reasoning for his view

All very commercial related understandably. Would be good to know more about the footballing side as this is the product they sell.

Manager, approach, player confidence, style, changes to make us competitive.

Also we look buried already how do we turn this around. What risk non league ?

If the new stadium does get built will the club own the freehold of the stadium?
I ask this as I want a long term viable future for the club when Ron eventually sells the club to new owner/s, who wouldn’t want to find themselves having to lease the stadium off one of Ron’s companies.

All

Watch this space.

See you there...

Given the potency of the brilliant questions above, Ron has scheduled a 3 minute meeting instead now with his representative

Attachments

• dummy 3.jpg
    dummy 3.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 2
Back