• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Meeting with Stuart Andrew MP, the Minister for Sport, and Anna Firth MP

Getting a meeting with the Minister on the first day back is a seriously good effort by both the Trust and the local MP. Cap doffed for that.

All the stuff about positioning the club as a learning vehicle for the future is smart, just what I would have done, if at all possible. Let's hope DCMS were listening.

I have said from the start that the only way of dealing with Ron is putting him under pressure that will hurt him (ie in his pocket!). The protests, much as they are noisy and make a point are a waste of time on someone who really doesnt care as it doesnt affect him personally.

The MP's, Southend City Council and to a lesser extert surrounding local councils hold a lot more clout as they will have the democratically elected powers to make things incrediby difficult for him and his family. When you are a property developer, and you end up in a situation where no local authority will deal with you / pass any further planning for ANY of your or your family's associated companies, things can go south very quickly. Particularly if you havent been keeping your taxes and your debts up to date...

Now, let me think... hasnt Southend Council been difficult for a long time? You have to ask yourself, is it really the football club they dont want to deal with, or it's incredibly greedy, narcissistic owner?

I think the point is clear here. SCC has seen through the schemes for a long time, and I think will bend over backwards to accommodate a new owner and a new regime. However, to safeguard for the future, regardless of any intentions of any future custodian, the precautions being taken by the Trust, the council and the MPs is still absolutely vital for the long term future of our beloved club!

Getting a meeting with the Minister on the first day back is a seriously good effort by both the Trust and the local MP. Cap doffed for that.

All the stuff about positioning the club as a learning vehicle for the future is smart, just what I would have done, if at all possible. Let's hope DCMS were listening.
So what you're really saying is that you're smart?

:Winking:

Back