• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Meeting with Uncle Ron - Part Three

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Myself and Cricko had a meeting with Ron Martin, Garry Adamson and Paul Fitzgerald from the Shrimpers Trust, prior to this evenings encounter.

It was agreed by all parties that TBV and The Trust need to work together more to drive TBV and indeed the Trust campaigns forward. So from now on TBV will have a representative at all future Trust meetings. This will enable TBV to have greater clout when it comes to approaching the club with ideas to improve the atmosphere etc etc. It will also enable TBV to have more of a say on what the new stadium should have included in the plans, to help create the best matchday experience possible for all fans. Overall we are very pleased with the "collaboration" as it helps all parties sing from the same song sheet if you like, creating one united front, rather than several.

We then moved on to the most important issue of all, as far as we are concerned...... The North Bank....

Ron is fully behind the relocation and the results of the survey so far have proved "favourable". This now means we are closer than ever to having it back from next season and we will go as far to say that it is now "highly likely" that it will happen. We will know for definite in the next couple of week's once a few minor details have been sorted amongst other parties and of course you guys will be the first to know..

Finally we discussed ideas for the Play-Off Semi's. It is likely we will have a singing section for both games and we will put on some sort of mega crowd display for the home leg (more on this in due course)

Also, keep your eyes peeled on the OS for some interesting polls over the next few weeks...

That is all for now,

Smiffy and Cricko.

:)

Well done - it's great you're keeping the pressure up - seems like the club are responsive. Atmosphere was very good throughout tonight - Up the Blues

Was in the West for the first in time in nearly 10 years tonight. Observations were:

1. What a crap view it is.

2. Much better leg room than the East.

3. Although still room for improvement, the atmosphere was much better than I remembered. So well done to all at TBV.

Was in the West for the first in time in nearly 10 years tonight. Observations were:

1. What a crap view it is.

2. Much better leg room than the East.

3. Although still room for improvement, the atmosphere was much better than I remembered. So well done to all at TBV.

A fair assessment sir,

1. Totally, thank the lord for Ron and FF!

2. The only positive

3. Of course, there's always room for improvement and this will be made over the next couple of seasons, ready for the move to FF.

Very excited about the future of southend united, TBV and the rest of the season

The future of our club looks very bright indeed.

With Ron at the helm our dreams will stand a fantastic chance of becoming a reality.

This club is going places and long may it continue.

Just another point about TBV. Some people have been suggesting that it hasn't worked as well as it might. But I'm generally rather sceptical about overnight successes, instead preferring for something to gain momentum over a longer period of time. I get the feeling that this is exactly what is happening with TBV.

To all those involved in the orgainsiation, keep up the good work. The vast majority of fans are fully behind what you are trying to do - even those who don't sing.

what a ledgend smiffy and cricko and everyone else invovled with the blue voice. i feel extreamly fortunate to be supporting the club in what has been and will continue to be a hugley successful period. thank you smiffy and cricko and any one else for all the hard work in making this happen

Thanks for all your kind words, I was unable to attend the meeting as I was working in the Spread last night but rest assured Smiffy and Cricko would fight all they could for TBV.

Just another point about TBV. Some people have been suggesting that it hasn't worked as well as it might. But I'm generally rather sceptical about overnight successes, instead preferring for something to gain momentum over a longer period of time. I get the feeling that this is exactly what is happening with TBV.

To all those involved in the orgainsiation, keep up the good work. The vast majority of fans are fully behind what you are trying to do - even those who don't sing.

Spot on, we never thought we would achieve much at Roots Hall in all fairness due to the fragmentation of the singing Fans...but now we have hopefully sorted the North bank ...this will help 1000% with creating a better atmosphere..Originally this was always planned to start at the Hall with Fossetts in mind so you are correct in saying it will gather it's own momentum over time but for now we all have to keep pushing in the right direction. Smiffy, Ken TB, Myself and all the other great help we have from other fans will make sure this is a success.

Well done to The Blue Voice for what they done so far. Never really thought we would get the north stand back but looks like its gonna happen!! and i will be getting season ticket there next season thats for sure.

Smiffy - great work. Particularly loving the TBV flags that the Bluebells were holding at the end of the first half, to welcome the players back onto the pitch. Mr. W and I were commenting on how classy they (*) looked!

Top work, folks.

:clap:

(*The flags, naturally!)

Smiffy - great work. Particularly loving the TBV flags that the Bluebells were holding at the end of the first half, to welcome the players back onto the pitch. Mr. W and I were commenting on how classy they (*) looked!

Top work, folks.

:clap:

(*The flags, naturally!)

We have another 8 of those flags arriving next week and we already have with the Bluebells ones 22 + 4 huge 6x6 ones ...and a few other fans have brought flags themselves...+ the new £500 Big Drum arrived today so will be ready for this weekends game ...The Play-off's are going to be spectacular with the other things being put into place this week..:)

We have another 8 of those flags arriving next week and we already have with the Bluebells ones 22 + 4 huge 6x6 ones ...and a few other fans have brought flags themselves...+ the new £500 Big Drum arrived today so will be ready for this weekends game ...The Play-off's are going to be spectacular with the other things being put into place this week..:)

Is there gonna flags be in the West on Saturday?

Speaking of which i will actually get mine back from al's and bring with it me! :unsure:

Any hints as to what the display may be?

There are number of things in discussion Josh and delivery on time is of course paramount ...But be sure it will be something for all the fans and as soon as the decision is made we will tell you all. The Club and the TBV are working on it as we speak.

Is there gonna flags be in the West on Saturday?

Speaking of which i will actually get mine back from al's and bring with it me! :unsure:

The main problem we have always had with flags is getting people to use them ....Yes Rich they will be in the West this weekend...

The main problem we have always had with flags is getting people to use them ....Yes Rich they will be in the West this weekend...

I always use my flag. However, with the rush from work on Tuesday I didn't get a chance to collect it from home...

Back