• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brave call to hold a meeting, but I think it's the right one.

Ron will want to stop the rot as relegation is something he will not tolerate.

Whether or not a meeting is the right thing only time and results will tell.

Perhaps Ron feels this is the last resort to try and turn things around.

ONE realistic target, why am I not surprised.

The interesting thing about Ron Martin's reference to the midfield target is his comment "I'm waiting on a phone call where that's concerned." That is normally what a team manager says during a search for new players.

Brave call to hold a meeting, but I think it's the right one.

Doesnt he say meetings in plural - maybe he is having a one to one with each of them - kind of mid year appraisal!

Could be asking them if they still want to play for Phil.

Well, barring for the calming down period, Wednesday is late to have a meeting that should have occurred long before now. I seriously doubt a manager is being chopped in an open meeting or within a couple of days of a game. Talking about transfer targets, which is fan appeasement in any other language, suggests it's business as usual. Teflon Tango slides out of the noose again. Either RM is making a horrendous mistake without meaning to or the Curse that is PB has some serious leverage.

I asked for a statement and can't complain just because I don't like what it suggests. If PB is to continue I hope he humbly and sincerely apologises to the fans and changes his tactical nonsense.

The interesting thing about Ron Martin's reference to the midfield target is his comment "I'm waiting on a phone call where that's concerned." That is normally what a team manager says during a search for new players.

Perhaps PB points out his target and, without a CEO to do the dealings, Ron does the transfer work.

Doesnt he say meetings in plural - maybe he is having a one to one with each of them - kind of mid year appraisal!

Could be asking them if they still want to play for Phil.

He does, yep, my bad.

Could be a long day if he wants to meet them all individually!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by KiwiRob

Perhaps PB points out his target and, without a CEO to do the dealings, Ron does the transfer work.

Yes, mcnasty, that is probably true. That makes a lot of sense.

But it could also imply that with or without PB, the Chairman believes the player in question would be an asset for the club after Ryan Leonard's departure.

Last edited:
FFS Ron will never learn. Last time he tried this half the squad wanted out of the club......and resulted in relegation. His people management skills are awful. Really really stupid idea.

If they want out then great! Let's find out now and get rid of the deadwood....

I'm pleased to see him actually grabbing hold of the situation, rightly or wrongly. If I was Ron I'd also want to see the whites of their eyes and see who was seriously up for the struggles to come.

If they want out then great! Let's find out now and get rid of the deadwood....

I'm pleased to see him actually grabbing hold of the situation, rightly or wrongly. If I was Ron I'd also want to see the whites of their eyes and see who was seriously up for the struggles to come.
It’s not that easy though. Deadwood? Who says that some of the players who may want to leave are that? How do you propose to get rid of some players who are on fairly lucrative contracts? Can’t see them being paid off and other clubs will not take over their contracts.
there is clearly problems within the squad assembled and whose to say that the manager isn’t the problem?
This meeting I fear is a media exercise and a token exercise. Problems have been clearly evident for ages. Is it too little too late?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by KiwiRob

But it could also imply that with or without PB, the Chairman believes the player in question would be an asset for the club after Ryan Leonard's departure.

Mcnasty is exactly right, in the absence of a CEO, Ron handles transfers and player contracts.

Back