• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
Has anyone else noticed the glaring hole in this story?

Megan was reported missing when she didn't turn up for school Friday morning, but the CCTV footage of the pair of them getting on the ferry was from 9.30 Thursday night. So, why didn't her parents report her missing Thursday night?

At first I thought there must be an innocent explanation. However, no-one has tried to explain this, which leaves me with the uneasy feeling that there isn’t one.

The conclusion I have therefore come to, is that there is a big question mark over her parents. It seems that not coming home on a school night is normal behaviour, otherwise they would have known that she was missing.

I’m not for one second condoning what the pair of them have done, but it seems to me that had her parents have set better basic rules about staying out late, especially on a school night, they would have been able to raise the alarm far earlier.

How could they not be worried when she didn’t come home at all Thursday night? Answer, because, for her, that was normal behaviour?

Last edited:
Kids are sneaky. She could have said she was staying at a mates house for example. Its to easy to throw about blame without knowing the whole picture.

Id be wary of pointing any fingers when you dont know any of the facts.

My understanding is the police were involved some days before and took his and her mobile phones so it didnt just happen on the day they left.

If she was staying out over night then certainly question marks should be raised against their parenting, but that still doesnt excuse the bloke. What was he thinking when he thought leaving with a 15 year old girl would be a decent lifestyle choice?

Kids are sneaky. She could have said she was staying at a mates house for example. Its to easy to throw about blame without knowing the whole picture.

As I said, I assumed at first there was an innocent explanation, but no-one has tried to explain it. That is what I am finding uneasy. It would be so easy for a news report to say something like, "Her parents didn't raise the alarm because she had told them she was staying at a friend's house". But no-one has said a word. It's this complete silence that is the issue.

There are reports they were on a school trip a few days before holding hands. Alarm bells should have gone off then.

I wouldn't, I'm not a paedo.

Oh wait, that wasn't the point of this thread?

Thought I heard early on in this story that Megan had told her mum she was staying over at a friend's house. Now, for me, as a mother, that would have rung alarm bells on a Thursday when the following day was a school one. To stay at a friend's on a school night, there has to be a bloomin' good reason and I'd have expected to have heard from the friend/'s mum as to what that reason was.

Have I also heard somewhere that this isn't the only incident of this kind at this particular school?

Is that some sort of code between you teachers?
Woner if i can buy his car cheap.

Written in a hurry just before a class.:winking:
(I can remember one language school(for adults) I used to work at-in pre-computer days-where we'd write appreciative comments about some female students on their enrolment cards,on the lines of "nice legs" etc).

Thought I heard early on in this story that Megan had told her mum she was staying over at a friend's house. Now, for me, as a mother, that would have rung alarm bells on a Thursday when the following day was a school one. To stay at a friend's on a school night, there has to be a bloomin' good reason and I'd have expected to have heard from the friend/'s mum as to what that reason was.

Have I also heard somewhere that this isn't the only incident of this kind at this particular school?

Gary Glitter taught PE and Pete Townshend was the history teacher in 2006.

Feel a bit mixed on this one.

On one hand I think you dont send your kids to school for them to be hit on. I have a few mates who are teachers and they have all said in the past student/teacher relationships are a no no. So on that front and if it was my daughter I would be mad I do understand.

That said she could turn sixteen next week for all I know and then if she wants to run away with an older guy then who a I to judge. Not sure a week (in this example might be more) really makes a difference.

Is he a sex offender? Not sure - Dont think so really but I think you have to ask questions about why you would want a relationship with a sixteen year old? The teenagers I speak to can barely put a sentance together.

Feel a bit mixed on this one.

On one hand I think you dont send your kids to school for them to be hit on. I have a few mates who are teachers and they have all said in the past student/teacher relationships are a no no. So on that front and if it was my daughter I would be mad I do understand.

That said she could turn sixteen next week for all I know and then if she wants to run away with an older guy then who a I to judge. Not sure a week (in this example might be more) really makes a difference.

Is he a sex offender? Not sure - Dont think so really but I think you have to ask questions about why you would want a relationship with a sixteen year old? The teenagers I speak to can barely put a sentance together.

The reports from France say that under French law, as a 15 year old, she's not classed as a minor so no case to answer there, however, there is apparently definitely a case for abduction.

Back