• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Men and Boys ....

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
"we have a lot of boys out there trying to do a man's job" said Sir Steve -

which got me thinking, cos I always prefer seeing new young players, who he was referring to.

As Millwall are a particularly unpleasant side in an unpleasant stadium with unpleasant supporters it perhaps highlighted it - but ....

O'Keefe - did well enough but wasn't strong enough -

Malone - hes Ok but does get done, is lightweight and isn't exactly going to smash a tough old one pro to the ground -

Paterson - in the world of flying elbows and holding off centre backs this boys a novice - nothing like the strength or know how required to fight off
the slugger type cb you get at this level -

Moussa - you forget hes only 20 - his form has dipped probably because he has started very game for SUFC in 2009 - young players need a physical and mental break from it -

Spencer 21 - he looks good to me but hes 21 and not got much league football behind -

JFC/Grant - ok they are 23 but playing CM is particularly tough and players often don't come into their own until they are 25/27 ....

the seasoned League professionals we have on our books are :: Mildy, Barrett, Francis, Macca, Freedman (done good Tues)

yep its a right old mess ....

Back