• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Men watching reality TV.

Question

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
As were at home this weekend and as a home game involves me leaving at 11am and not getting back till 6.30pm I have a kind of unwritten agreement with the Mrs that I wont go out with the lads for a few beers on a home weekend as its not fair to clear off all day then all night.

However this weekend my best mate (and occasional Shrimperzone poster) Den's wife has invited all my mates wives over for an X-Factor final party.

Now Mrs DtS and I both share a hatred of all reality TV but as all the others WAGS are going she is up for it. This is a massive plus as it means all my mates are technically free for the night as all our wifes are watching the final.

Start of the week realising this I called a lads night out saturday which made sense. Most of the lads seem free so good result.

Then last night one of the lads said he is gutted to be missing the X-Factor final. Needless to say I have now dropped him as a friend.

I just dont get it. Grown men I dont think should be watching wannaebes singing, dancing, eating beatles in the jungle etc....its just not manly......

Whats wrong with people who think they have musical talent working the pubs and clubs etc and trying to build a career rather than doing six weeks on some **** show only to become a superstar overnight for twon songs to then drop into obscurity.

Am I the only one who thinks reality TV is all **** and solely designed for birds.

Last edited:
"I'm A Celeb" I can just about cope with; Ant & Dec are very entertaining. However, I'd never choose to watch the show, it's merely the only one that, if the missus is watching, doesn't make me leave the room.

Grown men I dont think should be watching wannaebes singing, dancing, eating beatles in the jungle etc....its just not manly......
I don't know, a group of Z list celebrities feasting on a dinner consisting of the bodily parts of Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney could be quite interesting. I doubt the other two have that much meat left on them though.

I quite like the news.

And the weather.
Speaking of the weather, has anyone seen that creepy bloke who does some of the BBC bulletins? Dan Corbett is his name and he loves to pepper his forecasts with phrases such as

"Hmm, a bit rainy down in Devon. Might want to take a brolly if you're out and about. Lovely in Cambridgeshire though. Could be a nice day for a picnic"

6b8e1108be3aca213922e145cfa9879d.jpg

I could write an essay on why I hate reality tv so much, but I can't be arsed. Suffice to say it's crap.

I also fail to see anything 'real' about it.

Speaking of the weather, has anyone seen that creepy bloke who does some of the BBC bulletins? Dan Corbett is his name and he loves to pepper his forecasts with phrases such as

"Hmm, a bit rainy down in Devon. Might want to take a brolly if you're out and about. Lovely in Cambridgeshire though. Could be a nice day for a picnic"

6b8e1108be3aca213922e145cfa9879d.jpg

I like him.

I reckon he probably runs over from the pub and arrives in the studio seconds before he is on air.

I'm yet to see a contestant on there who isn't a tit. The voiceover guy (Dave Lamb?) makes the show.

Agreed. I saw one of the first the other day - the people on the show could cook and weren't psychos and Lamb spoke in a monotone, non pee-taking way.

They've definitely got it right now!

Back