• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Men's Health Magazine Men!!

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
I don't want to sound gay but I have been noticing things like I added Anthony Grant on facebook and he is showing off his body. Now I always walk past the Men's health magazines see the blokes on the front and wish that I could make my body look like that.

Now I am a pretty fit bloke I go running, swimming and cycling and do bits and bobs of weight training. I don't eat massively healthy but I don't eat **** food every day.

In January of this year I was at my worst point weight wise I was a bit of a porker and weighed in at nearly 14 stone, now I have got myself down to under 11 and a half stone. I just can't get rid of my love handles. Maybe its just me being impatient cause these things don't happen over night.

But I was wondering if anyone on here was a fitness freak and could help me out with ways of getting perfect abs, my arm muscles are starting to develop and with my swimming will help with toning. Just could do with some advice really?

Ricey, I've seen Mr Grant's picture, just don't even go there! I can drool all day over the Rock or Batista but at the end of the day, a body needs a bit of character and you don't get that with the "perfect" abs, so don't be harsh on yourself enjoy your drink while you're young and just keep fit - you WILL find a lady that suits you, I'm quite sure of that.

Ricey, I've seen Mr Grant's picture, just don't even go there! I can drool all day over the Rock or Batista but at the end of the day, a body needs a bit of character and you don't get that with the "perfect" abs, so don't be harsh on yourself enjoy your drink while you're young and just keep fit - you WILL find a lady that suits you, I'm quite sure of that.

I don't drink much anyway, never been a massive drinker although when I go out on a night out I drink EVERYONE under the table. Alcohol takes alot to affect me.

But it would make me feel more confident on holiday and stuff. A few years back I was with this girl and I didn't take my top off untill I had been with her for at least 4 months. It would give me more confidence in myself.

Oooo, young man! Wait till you get to my age and start talking about your body and being confident. You are young and you are of an age to be out there having fun - you've had a crap experience in relationships recently but don't let it get you down - enjoy your 20s, they are the least stressed and responsible age you'll have. I have friend that would KILL for a fit young man of your age - maybe you just need to broaden your horizons! Just get out there, relax and enjoy yourself. As I said, I have colleagues on the same run as you this weekend, you'll see loads of young ladies, including one whose a good friend of mine.

Shame you lost all that weight Ricey, few of the SZFC lads used to like it when you walked along and your moobs jiggled. :)

Oooo, young man! Wait till you get to my age and start talking about your body and being confident. You are young and you are of an age to be out there having fun - you've had a crap experience in relationships recently but don't let it get you down - enjoy your 20s, they are the least stressed and responsible age you'll have. I have friend that would KILL for a fit young man of your age - maybe you just need to broaden your horizons! Just get out there, relax and enjoy yourself. As I said, I have colleagues on the same run as you this weekend, you'll see loads of young ladies, including one whose a good friend of mine.

Don't tell him that ;)

The stomach area is the most difficult for me to lose weight from mate. You need some intense core exercise to shift the flab there.

I just want to keep myself in shape thats all and get rid of my love handles and puppy fat.

Oh yer care to introduce me ;)

Shame you lost all that weight Ricey, few of the SZFC lads used to like it when you walked along and your moobs jiggled. :)

Always knew you had a thing for me Stats. :p

Don't tell him that ;)

But it's oh so true! A friend of mine recently seperated from her absolute arse of a husband went to Butlins with a group of work friends all younger than her, and managed to pick up a different bloke in his 20s on three nights in succession, including one who was a friend of Adam Barrett's and played for one of the Bristol teams. Women are at their peak at that age and if they have the confidence, can make a younger bloke feel like he's the best thing since sliced bread. I hasten to add, I am NOT speaking from experience here!

Ricey - love handles are the worst areas to slim down esp after years of battering. i am finding this out now myself after 6 months of eating **** and drinking i joined a gym 6 months ago when i settled in Sydney and my love handles have not really done much but it does take time.

The love handles are just major fat cells. The only way to reduce or tone is too do some high intensity cardio - running or swimming is the best. Also to help some toneage try sideways crunches or side weights. (holding heavy dumbell on right hand side, while standing up lean over to the right as far as you can go, roling the dumbell down the side of your body. do it to a count of 2 and then hold it there for a count of 3 before coming back up in a count of 2. Then repeat to ten reps and change sides. Do 3 sets each side) It is not a miracle way of losin the handles but helps. But like all fat cells only way is to burn it off.

The guys you see in those magazines are basically paid to look like that and it becomes their life. I don't think having perfect abs is worth the no drinking, no fat, no fun lifestyle that is associated with maintaining them. You can get yourself a relatively flat stomach just through regular exercise and a balanced diet, as BS says, swimming is one of the best for that. To get the sort of definition you're thinking of requires you burning off every ounce of fat you put in your body, fat sits in those areas first and your body uses them last when burning it (I believe it comes off your face first, hence why people who suddenly lose weight always look quite gaunt). Not forgetting 1,000 stomach crunches a day and all the stomach cramps that inevitably follow.

The concensus nowdays is you cant spot reduce fat. If you do core exercises for your abs etc then this will help with your health and develop the muscle but it will just stay under the layer of fat until you reduce your body fat levels. Different people retain their body fat in different areas but for most men round the stomach or hips is the last place the fat disappears from.

To get rid of body fat seems to be a combination of 3 things - diet (not just calories consumed but also fat, carbs and protein in the right proportions. You should be able to find something online to calculate what you need based on your height and weight and age). Cadio exercise - high intensity (ie short interval periods of maximum exertion) rather than steady paced, and lastly muscle building as more muscle uses more energy and so burns fat.

And yes, for those that know me....this is all based on what Ive read rather than what I put into practice!!

I don't want to sound gay but I have been noticing things like I added Anthony Grant on facebook and he is showing off his body. Now I always walk past the Men's health magazines see the blokes on the front and wish that I could make my body look like that.

Now I am a pretty fit bloke I go running, swimming and cycling and do bits and bobs of weight training. I don't eat massively healthy but I don't eat **** food every day.

In January of this year I was at my worst point weight wise I was a bit of a porker and weighed in at nearly 14 stone, now I have got myself down to under 11 and a half stone. I just can't get rid of my love handles. Maybe its just me being impatient cause these things don't happen over night.

But I was wondering if anyone on here was a fitness freak and could help me out with ways of getting perfect abs, my arm muscles are starting to develop and with my swimming will help with toning. Just could do with some advice really?

How about a 5 stretch in a Turkish prison?

There were certainly no porkers about last time I watched Midnight Express.

Last edited:
If i recall as well having "perfect" abs or the 6 pack is also down to genetics , you body has to be more disposed to developing the abs like that .

You body will always try and hang on to fat when it begins to lose weight , as these are the bodys reserves , if you lose to much it will start to consume its muscle tone !!!

Cheers everyone for the advice and things, going to pop down the shops later and buy Men's Health and have a little flick through, gonna cycle down to the swimming pool later and have an hours swim too. :)

Being fit and buff is for gays (except Arnold). Chicks dig dudes with knockers.

As for this Rusty can you send those chicks my way ;)

Morning Chaps!

The type of lady I go for isn't concerned about moobs or love handles or any of that ****.
All they're bothered about is the size of your wang and the fatness of your wallet.
How about trying a 'sensual massage' from one of the bints in the echo, or the advertising pages of Razzle. Some of them are almost passable.
Failing that, I might be able to get you some action in the lodge. For about £20 you can have access to some spectacular 'boeuf rideaux'.

A bit too late for that me thinks!!

Back