• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hotman

reason, honour, integrity
Coming up soon, and I urge you all to do put aside party politics and do some research on this. I've finished Farage's book, and am looking now to research the claims by the major parties that 'leaving' Europe would severely impact jobs, to ensure I've got a balanced view.

Since David Miliband signed the Lisbon treaty (despite promising a referendum), we've become far too linked to the EU. From those in politics that I've spoken to (relatively few I admit), they all acknowledge the need for reform, but tow the party line about staying in.

For me, the ideal situation is a trading bloc with no political union.

To wake up the big boys, UKIP needs the vote on this and to win a national election. Although I clearly don't agree with gay marriages causing floods, etc, the subject in hand is Europe and only Europe.

If UKIP wanted to be a one policy party they could have stuck with that but they have let their options on everything else be aired and are now seen to be the most backward thinking of the four biggest parties. For me they are a tiny step away from the BNP with a similar amount of cranks in their set up.

If UKIP wanted to be a one policy party they could have stuck with that but they have let their options on everything else be aired and are now seen to be the most backward thinking of the four biggest parties. For me they are a tiny step away from the BNP with a similar amount of cranks in their set up.

Hogwash!

UKIP are full of nutters but I like Godfrey Bloom who should be world leader!

So...what I say is hogwash which presumably means we should vote UKIP, and that is based on the fact that you are keen on someone who was in UKIP but decide to leave - is that

Godfrey is a fine gentleman possibly eccentric but nonetheless a worthy world statesman .

So...what I say is hogwash which presumably means we should vote UKIP, and that is based on the fact that you are keen on someone who was in UKIP but decide to leave - is that

Godfrey is a fine gentleman possibly eccentric but nonetheless a worthy world statesman .
And in the European Parliament he is an independent, no longer representing UKIP so if you want to vote for him you won't be voting for UKIP.

Is that true?

My vote goes to the Monster Raving Loony party then.
Yep

On 20 September 2013, UKIP withdrew the party whip from Bloom after he struck journalist Michael Crick in the street, threatened a second reporter, and at the party's conference referred to his female audience as sluts.

Bloom resigned his party whip from UKIP on 24 September 2013 and sits as an independent MEP.

Is that true?

My vote goes to the Monster Raving Loony party then.

And you know that the Loonies don't really exist in the same way since their focal point died in 1999.

Screaming Lord Sutch, was an English musician. He was the founder of the Official Monster Raving Loony Party and served as its leader from 1983 to 1999, during which time he stood in numerous parliamentary elections. He holds the record for losing all 40 elections in which he stood

Tiny step away from BNP? Hardly. I'd have said Labour were far more authoritarian than UKIP.

(But of course, everything is simple left / right isn't it?)

Screaming Lord Sutch, was an English musician. He was the founder of the Official Monster Raving Loony Party and served as its leader from 1983 to 1999, during which time he stood in numerous parliamentary elections. He holds the record for losing all 40 elections in which he stood

Fantastic - todays political input, brought to you by Wikipedia! :-)

Tiny step away from BNP? Hardly. I'd have said Labour were far more authoritarian than UKIP.

(But of course, everything is simple left / right isn't it?)
Wikipedia is a quick place to go to for instant info that is not in depth and that is what was needed.
Are BNP authoritarian? I guess their leader is keen on expelling threats to his leadership.
I never mentioned left / right, I said UKIP were backward thinking - do you see that as an exclusively right wing trait?
My comparison between BNP and UKIP is because of the similarities between their policies and the fact they have a lot of cranks working for both parties.

Is it true that Farage hirers his wife on full EU pay as an assistant but she does nothing more than ironing his shirts?
Do the BNP wear shirts with buttons and can they tie a tie?

Another wry chuckle from 'Cynical, of Thorpe Bay' here. The original post asks us all to put aside party politics. Then puts the case for one party while criticising a member of another!

I see the validity of what's being said though. By far the biggest percentage of the electorate will indeed put party politics aside. Completely. They will abstain from them all and not bother voting.

That in itself is a big, big problem for the parties. How do you get the vote out for what is such an important issue for all of us?

Is it true that Farage hirers his wife on full EU pay as an assistant but she does nothing more than ironing his shirts?
I would certainly hope she does more than this. Maybe some washing and a bit of housework as well. How about cooking dinner and doing the weekly shop?

Membership of the EU is not an issue for most British people.

What is an issue is the lack of full time,well paid employment,rising food prices,high rents and unaffordable house prices-in short, the rising cost of living.

What is an issue is the lack of full time,well paid employment,rising food prices,high rents and unaffordable house prices-in short, the rising cost of living.

Just curious Barna, but of all the problems you have mentioned, how do we compare with the Spanish equivalents at the moment?

I think it would be more accurate to say most British people don't care much for the EU but are nervous of the idea of leaving a club most other European countries are in.

Just curious Barna, but of all the problems you have mentioned, how do we compare with the Spanish equivalents at the moment?

Unemployment (particularly youth unemployment) is obviously higher.

Then again because Spain is in the Eurozone it can't devalue its currencey (as the UK effectively has).

Otherwise the deficit/debt scenario is basically similar.

Wikipedia is a quick place to go to for instant info that is not in depth and that is what was needed.
Are BNP authoritarian? I guess their leader is keen on expelling threats to his leadership.
I never mentioned left / right, I said UKIP were backward thinking - do you see that as an exclusively right wing trait?
My comparison between BNP and UKIP is because of the similarities between their policies and the fact they have a lot of cranks working for both parties.

Interesting and wrong IMO but still a statement like that does require backing up. Would you mind listing the similar policies and lists of cranks please? Or was this a quote from wiki as well.

Back