• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
icon1.gif
Resignation/Suspension
Under Protest, Irate Ian voluntarily suspends his public forum usage of Shrimpzone until
the end of 08/09 season, following which a further decision on longer term removal will be made, dependent on the then situation on SZ, due to:-

1. Closure/deletion of Threads and Polls by moderators, without reasonable or any prior notice to enable response to other members - removal of right
to reply.

2. Persistent moving of threads, without any or prior notice of intention to do so.

3. Placing Irate Ian messages and thread starters on "moderation", where no postings are possible, without first moderators/owners vetting the proposed
message, removing the right to freedom of speech.

PM's only will be viewed and responded to, but no further viewing of any public forums will be made, and threads will regrettably not be seen or replied to.

Apologies to any members who might be expecting replies to any current threads in which I may have been contributing.

Had been hoping he would post on behalf of Frank Gill in the Hall of Fame......

icon1.gif
Resignation/Suspension
Under Protest, Irate Ian voluntarily suspends his public forum usage of Shrimpzone until
the end of 08/09 season, following which a further decision on longer term removal will be made, dependent on the then situation on SZ, due to:-

1. Closure/deletion of Threads and Polls by moderators, without reasonable or any prior notice to enable response to other members - removal of right
to reply.

2. Persistent moving of threads, without any or prior notice of intention to do so.

3. Placing Irate Ian messages and thread starters on "moderation", where no postings are possible, without first moderators/owners vetting the proposed

PM's only will be viewed and responded to, but no further viewing of any public forums will be made, and threads will regrettably not be seen or replied to.

Apologies to any members who might be expecting replies to any current threads in which I may have been contributing.

Had been hoping he would post on behalf of Frank Gill in the Hall of Fame......

icon1.gif
Resignation/Suspension

to reply.

Oh my goodness me, however will we cope?

I think Ian needs to get over himself. If you want to leave a forum just do it instead of making a big song and dance about it. TBH it seems like a desperate plea for attention - Ian may be under the impression that someone actually gives a toss.

I think Ian needs to get over himself. If you want to leave a forum just do it instead of making a big song and dance about it. TBH it seems like a desperate plea for attention - Ian may be under the impression that someone actually gives a toss.

My impression was that he felt some might have been expecting responses or replies from him on some matters, and it's more of an explanation as to why these haven't been made. I don't intend to post further messages from him, he just asked me to do so on this occasion.

Couldn't care less. His constant abuse of cricko was out of order

Some people really do treat an internet forum as something far more serious than it is. Poor little lamb.

Even in death, Irate Ian screams 'look at me! look at me!'. I was always inclined to think that II had the welfare of the club at heart, even if you thought he was way off target with his criticisms, but now I'm not so sure. There's only room for one relentless self-publicist on this board, and that's me.

That is so we don't have 3 or 4 threads all the same all over the forums, it is not because of any dis-agreement on content.

As I remember Ken, it was 11 or 12 threads as every deleted one was just replaced with another one.

:headbang:

From the site rules:

"Where a thread or post is deleted (or a thread locked), users should not attempt to restart the thread or re-post. If a user does not understand the reason for the thread/posts deletion or locking, they are welcome to send a Private Message to any of the board's administrators for further clarification."

It doesn't say they should "simply start another 11 or 12 until the administrators finally give up deleting them and put the user on moderation."

The rules of the site are laid out pretty clearly in the FAQ but I suppose it's all irrelevant now since Ian's informed us of his intentions.

Guess we're done here anyway since he no longer intends to post.
Thanks to Kay for passing on the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back