• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
I've been asked to post this on behalf of Danny Macklin, if anyone has any issues specifically to do with ticketing problems or issues, or to do with commercial matters, please contact him direct. He is keen to make sure that our experiences as supporters with matters such as these go as smoothly as possible.

His direct email is danny.macklin@southend-united.co.uk

I have prepared him for an onslaught!

Last edited:
I've been asked to post this on behalf of Danny Macklin, if anyone has any issues specifically to do with ticketing problems or issues, or to do with commercial matters, please contact him direct rather than Steve Kavanagh. He is keen to make sure that our experiences as supporters with matters such as these go as smoothly as possible.

His direct email is danny.macklin@southend-united.co.uk

I have prepared him for an onslaught!
in fairness he called be back earlier this week regarding a ticketing issue. My glass is half full but From our conversation my impression was that he is looking to make improvements and my impression was that he will make a positive difference.

He's either very brave or very stupid!

He was always very approachable, hands-on and communicative when at Essex CCC (but just as he will find here, his hands were, to a certain extent, tied).

I was surprised we hadn't heard from him sooner. He was also a frequent poster on the Essex forum. Tell him the user id "starfish" is still available here.

Email sent from North Wales relating to difficulty in purchasing tickets for away games:smile:

Email sent from essex relating to my railcard keeps getting stuck in the barrier & that I cant print my British Airways boarding pass. :smile:

He was always very approachable, hands-on and communicative when at Essex CCC (but just as he will find here, his hands were, to a certain extent, tied).

I was surprised we hadn't heard from him sooner. He was also a frequent poster on the Essex forum. Tell him the user id "starfish" is still available here.

He'll be reading the thread, Mick.

He'll be reading the thread, Mick.

He needs to read the other ticket complaints thread. All those complaints about the phone line system, tickets or season cards not working at the barrier, and tickets sent out to the wrong address, seats double booked, are the most annoying to Southend fans I think.
Oh, and then the cup games. He's got a mountain to sort out.

He needs to read the other ticket complaints thread. All those complaints about the phone line system, tickets or season cards not working at the barrier, and tickets sent out to the wrong address, seats double booked, are the most annoying to Southend fans I think.

and to cap it all, the poor guy gave his email address to OBL.

e1434e35fe353e701d1244d65a1ce7c9581564e1571a088ebfccf0a68da98e61.jpg

I think i'll ask him what's happening with the new stadium. That's a commercial matter, isn't it ! :blush:

Trust me, he has read the other thread and is fully aware of the issues surrounding the ticketing. He has also said that he is determined to get them and other issues sorted out, give the man a chance, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Also bear in mind that some us, on our day, can be a contrary lot. When I went in to get my tickets for the Bristol JPT game the ticket office assistant told me that they would be put on our season cards so we didn't have to worry about getting a printed ticket and that it was planned that ST's would be able to do their own booking online in future if they wanted their ST seat and it would be automatically added to their season card. This has been delivered, albeit with a few issues of people becoming familiar of the new facility and how to work it....
Personally I think this is a step in the right direction in that I don't have to make a special trip to get my tickets any longer. Apparently though, so the assistant told me, there'd been quite a few complaInts from people who wanted a printed, paper ticket because 'that's what we've always had'.....:facepalm:

Trust me, he has read the other thread and is fully aware of the issues surrounding the ticketing. He has also said that he is determined to get them and other issues sorted out, give the man a chance, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Also bear in mind that some us, on our day, can be a contrary lot. When I went in to get my tickets for the Bristol JPT game the ticket office assistant told me that they would be put on our season cards so we didn't have to worry about getting a printed ticket and that it was planned that ST's would be able to do their own booking online in future if they wanted their ST seat and it would be automatically added to their season card. This has been delivered, albeit with a few issues of people becoming familiar of the new facility and how to work it....
Personally I think this is a step in the right direction in that I don't have to make a special trip to get my tickets any longer. Apparently though, so the assistant told me, there'd been quite a few complaInts from people who wanted a printed, paper ticket because 'that's what we've always had'.....

I'm not having a go at him at all. I just wondered if he knew all the problems.
It's been delivered, but not well thought out, if you're given 2 options only, collection or sent out options doesn't work for those that want to swipe their card, as like you say, the tickets have been put on your card.

IMHO ....a good start would be to acknowledge the support/demand for :COL U: tickets, and whilst we all appreciate 25% of a stadium is an excellent allocation....the club should formally request more and leave the ball in Col ewe's court - the theory being that SUFC has tried its very best to accommodate the demand.

There, of course, being no blame on CUFC, it would then be their call, rightly so as home team, to optimise/earnings from the game.

Hear endeth the 1st lesson.

Back