• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

i'd really like to be able to collect tickets from the West Stand ticket office to save going all round the ground from the collection point to the stand entrance

Well I was taking a friend to the game today and wanted to buy her a ticket, so phoned the Ticket Office and was kept waiting on the line for over ten minutes at some higher than usual rate before the phone was finally answered. This is pretty much the norm. I would like to ask this gentleman if he feels this is acceptable as surely a lot of customers just give up after having to wait so long and one of the first rules of business should be at least to answer the phone in an acceptable time frame if people want to give you money.

Before anybody says "you should have booked online" my PC at home was encountering problems yesterday.

Well I was taking a friend to the game today and wanted to buy her a ticket, so phoned the Ticket Office and was kept waiting on the line for over ten minutes at some higher than usual rate before the phone was finally answered. This is pretty much the norm. I would like to ask this gentleman if he feels this is acceptable as surely a lot of customers just give up after having to wait so long and one of the first rules of business should be at least to answer the phone in an acceptable time frame if people want to give you money.

Before anybody says "you should have booked online" my PC at home was encountering problems yesterday.
So, drop him an email, that's exactly what he's asked people to do.

You got off lightly. Most of my experiences have been a nightmare for one reason or another. My most infuriating was being in a queue at number 12, getting down to number 1 after about 50 minutes, and then it cut off.:'(

You got off lightly. Most of my experiences have been a nightmare for one reason or another. My most infuriating was being in a queue at number 12, getting down to number 1 after about 50 minutes, and then it cut off.:'(

Getting told you're number 1 in the queue with no one answering, then eventually getting cut off has happened to me before. Dare I say con? It certainly seems many others have had the same experience. I stick to booking tickets on the net now, never had any problems that way.

Sent Danny an email regarding a couple of ticketing enquiries. He replied very quickly with sensible answers!
Interesting point was that they hope to be able to introduce a print at home ticket facility .
Seems that at last there is someone we can contact at the club who will respond to queries!

Some of you simply don't understand,the phone line makes the club/Ron money,keep em hanging on for extra cash.

Easy as you like.

Some of you simply don't understand,the phone line makes the club/Ron money,keep em hanging on for extra cash.

Easy as you like.

Sadly Mrs Blue I do understand and the way it is gone about is an utter **** take. After all that time with the message regarding the game against Millwall, now we are actually playing them twice in December, it has disappeared. A conspiracy theory here methinks? :thumbdown:

Easy as you like.

This is simply untrue I'm afraid! The wait times are simply down to the understaffing of the ticket office and the under training of the staff they do have!

Speaking from experience.

This is simply untrue I'm afraid! The wait times are simply down to the understaffing of the ticket office and the under training of the staff they do have!

Speaking from experience.

Ok why don't the club have an ordinary number then !

Throughout the season the ticket office takes 100,000 calls,if each call makes the club 10p then somebody trousers £10,000,now if they manage to keep punters on the line longer then even more dollar for the club.

Easy money !

It probably is due to understaffing, but mrsblue has a point. If it wasn't a premium rate number people wouldn't feel they're getting strung along.

It probably is due to understaffing, but mrsblue has a point. If it wasn't a premium rate number people wouldn't feel they're getting strung along.

Sadly in this day and age of squeezing every last penny from fans,the 0844 charges 6p connection and then around 4p per minute plus VAT !

Its In the best interests of the club not to answer too quickly !

Ok why don't the club have an ordinary number then !

Throughout the season the ticket office takes 100,000 calls,if each call makes the club 10p then somebody trousers £10,000,now if they manage to keep punters on the line longer then even more dollar for the club.

Easy money !

image45.png

Sadly in this day and age of squeezing every last penny from fans,the 0844 charges 6p connection and then around 4p per minute plus VAT !

Its In the best interests of the club not to answer too quickly !

You must understand that pacey, young, hungry, entertaining, 30+ goal a season strikers cost money.

Hmmm revenue generating phone line umm hmmm generates revenue!

Well there are the costs of providing the phone line service, the unpredictable demand and the difficulty of just bringing in more call handlers during busy periods. Also the fact that if you leave people on the line for too long they'll hang up, and some won't buy tickets.

Bottom line - skint football club uses premium number to generate cash. Yes it's annoying and can get expensive at times, but what else is the club supposed to do?

Back