• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Big Shrimp

Zone Photographer
If you think by calling everybody, mainly your own players, C U Next Tuesdays, booing or just generally acting like Neanderthals, I have a message for you from the people at the front.

FRO & ruin what little atmosphere there is in the East Blacks, elsewhere

You might think its funny, clever to slag off the team at every opportunity, but you are alone (a bit like your brain cell!!) & in the minority. As much I don't like RM or PS or his tactics, I leave any negative feelings for outside the ground or on here.

So if slagging off a poor team is how you get your kicks, FRO to Upton Park & join the not so cocky Cockneys! :madman:

I could say the same about some idiots in West block T, who managed at one point to tell Blair to get out, even though he wasn't on the pitch :/

Wouldn't it have been easier and more productive, for both supporters and players, to have called in the stewards and got them to pipe down during the afternoon, rather than wait until the evening and leave a message on a website that they may not bother looking at?

Wouldn't it have been easier and more productive, for both supporters and players, to have called in the stewards and got them to pipe down during the afternoon, rather than wait until the evening and leave a message on a website that they may not bother looking at?
I don't think it's illegal for people to boo, its not helping but the stewards aren't going to throw people out for it

Probably, but for two reasons I won't. 1. I know a couple of the people involved are on here regularly. 2. Most importantly, neither myself or the people that have complained about want to stop watching a game to complain about these idiots. I understand that a complaint has or will be sent to the club on Monday!

Last time I checked, everyone who's foolish enough to throw their £18 (or equivalent season ticket price) at the club to watch that crap week in week out is perfectly entitled to criticise the "performance" that the players put in, and that includes during the match. It's not something that I personally would choose to do but to eject the fans from the ground for doing so would be extremely harsh.

Last time I checked, everyone who's foolish enough to throw their £18 (or equivalent season ticket price) at the club to watch that crap week in week out is perfectly entitled to criticise the "performance" that the players put in, and that includes during the match. It's not something that I personally would choose to do but to eject the fans from the ground for doing so would be extremely harsh.

Perfectly true, but the constant, Sturrock you clueless C***, Sturrock why don't you F Off etc, is a bit much! Yes I'm ashamed to say that its language I have been guilty of using, but not at the team I support!

Perfectly true, but the constant, Sturrock you clueless C***, Sturrock why don't you F Off etc, is a bit much! Yes I'm ashamed to say that its language I have been guilty of using, but not at the team I support!

Definitely true but then emotions certainly run high on a Saturday afternoon and when the team only shows up for half an hour how can you blame them for calling for Sturrock's head?

Personally, I think Sturrock probably has done the best he could in getting the players in over a three week period and he certainly seems to realise that big changes need to be made to the squad over the next month. My opinion as to whether or not he is the man for us will be shaped over the next few months and based on whether or not he does get those players in. I'm not holding my breath but he deserves a chance, if only because he's the best we could afford. Let's not forget that we hardly have a pot to **** in and can't afford to pay for Sturrock to "**** off" anyway!

Definitely true but then emotions certainly run high on a Saturday afternoon and when the team only shows up for half an hour how can you blame them for calling for Sturrock's head?Personally, I think Sturrock probably has done the best he could in getting the players in over a three week period and he certainly seems to realise that big changes need to be made to the squad over the next month. My opinion as to whether or not he is the man for us will be shaped over the next few months and based on whether or not he does get those players in. I'm not holding my breath but he deserves a chance, if only because he's the best we could afford. Let's not forget that we hardly have a pot to **** in and can't afford to pay for Sturrock to "**** off" anyway!

I agree, but this started after 15 minutes!! You last point is the one we need to remember!

from my spot in the west it didn't look like there was anyone in the west stand. By the way, anyone know what the true attendance was today, discounting the hundreds of seasos that didn't bother?

According to the website it was 4922, only 20 less than the Cheltenham game. Despite a few hundred more away fans at most, it looked considerably less in the home areas - probably in total the overall crowd in attendance was 700/800 less. However it depends on whether the club want to add absent season card holders and freebies into the figure.

With regard to fans slagging off our players - I didn't hear any negative comments in the West the whole game - the first time for years.

I always love zealots at footbal or in real life for that matter,do what any good muslim would do with people who dont believe in thier way.Srap a bomb under your xxxl southend shirt and go and sit amongst these non-believers and then booooom you are a hero to all those who sit around them.
Or grow a pair and tell them how you feel on the subject.
P.S. i dont really know what a zealot is but it songs good.

I always love zealots at footbal or in real life for that matter,do what any good muslim would do with people who dont believe in thier way.Srap a bomb under your xxxl southend shirt and go and sit amongst these non-believers and then booooom you are a hero to all those who sit around them.
Or grow a pair and tell them how you feel on the subject.
P.S. i dont really know what a zealot is but it songs good.

Yes good idea,then they can kick the **** out of the newly grown balls that have just appeared lol.

If the language used was as offensive as you say (eg the 'c' word) then isnt that a criminal offence? If so you shouldnt have to report them - there are more than enough 'Hi-vis's' around to do the job.

However, cut the offensive language out and fans are perfectly entitled to vent their feelings. There was no negativity it the West..........until after the abject first half hour.

Look these idots dont have a brainsell beteween them .These are probable the self same people who last season was calling Steve Tilson stupid and clueless .The fact theses people seem to forget is .Paul Sturrock came in with no players no money and he has done his level best to get a squd together from nothing .Its been said before Rome wasnt built in a day .Nor has any football squad it takes time to build a good team from scratch so let the man do his job .Call him a bad manager if we drop into the conferance .If this doesnt happen he in my view has been a success .

I think there's one guy in particular and he only really came to life mid way through the second half yesterday I thought. Most of his comments are met with laughter from my mates and those that sit near us. In fairness to him, he was a lot more vocal - especially toward RM - at the end of Tilson's reign. He's not really started on RM much this season.

I do agree with Chrisblore and feel that paying customers have a right to give their opinion, wether it be at a game of football or under any other circumstance. It might not always be productive, but it's their right.

Look these idots dont have a brainsell beteween them .These are probable the self same people who last season was calling Steve Tilson stupid and clueless .The fact theses people seem to forget is .Paul Sturrock came in with no players no money and he has done his level best to get a squd together from nothing .Its been said before Rome wasnt built in a day .Nor has any football squad it takes time to build a good team from scratch so let the man do his job .Call him a bad manager if we drop into the conferance .If this doesnt happen he in my view has been a success .

or even brain cell ?

But who do they think will come in and do a better job? We are club that everyone knows is living on a knife edge financially and I still can't believe we got someone with Luggy's pedigree. He made a sensible tactical change at half time and showed that he knows the game.

But who do they think will come in and do a better job? We are club that everyone knows is living on a knife edge financially and I still can't believe we got someone with Luggy's pedigree. He made a sensible tactical change at half time and showed that he knows the game.

It always makes me smile when a manager gets praise heaped on him for 'changing the game' after half time by making substitutions or changing the formation, when his side is already 2 or 3 down. What it usually means is 'he got it wrong in the first place' and got it right by trial and error!

As it happens, I think that PS has an awfully difficult job on his hands. The group of players are so inconsistent that after 4 months he really doesnt know his best side, so seems to be managing by the seat of his pants, ie sending them out, see how they go and change it as the game goes along. I think most fans recognise this as I have heard very little stick come from the fans against the manager.
I am finding it difficult to take to any of the newcomers to be honest, apart from Mohsni - great entertainment value.
I have also backed Johnny Herd to the hilt, but he did lookout of his depth on Saturday.

We so desperately need a bit of class and consitency, or this squad will take us into the bottom 4 and squeeky bum time .......but where will it come from?

Back