• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Metal Monday Pt.13 (Again not for the faint hearted)

SUFC_Al

Metal Monday Dude
Hailing from Buffalo, New York this band helped shape a genre. Even some of their own fans are split as to which 'version' of Cannibal Corpse they prefer, with the band shifting to uber-detuned guitars and adding more slower, groovier riffs from their original thrash metal influenced early sound. Their original vocalist Chris Barnes helped introduce a style of vocal much copied and adapted since then. They're rumoured to be the first million-selling death metal band ever.

Gentleman, lock up your daughters and give them earplugs.

Brutality Itself.

What is that all about :eek: .sorry that is just not Music to me :o

Sounds like something from the Exorcist.

Well I'm not a metal fan, in fact I find the spandex and guitar solo part of the genre a bit gay, but I like that. Intense, visceral and bordering on the pscychotic - what's not to like?

Learning Hils some you still, have to do;)

Circa Al 2064..

yoda.jpg

all the things I like in metal ;)

Fair call - and I agree that when music manages to combine those elements then it is amazing. However much of what gets classed as metal does tend to disappear up it's own backsides at times and loses that base thrill. To be fair though the same can be said of many other genres of music.

Cheers! I've done some learning, at least! Managed to spend the weekend with Mr Vange Shrimper and didnt listen to any metal! He's slacking now!

quite the opposite happened in my house Sunday, instead of Lyndsay listening to her music all the time, she (without and prompting from me) put in all my music so we had a combined playlist and the agreement was that I couldn't skip her songs and vice versa.

The playlist threw up mainly metal and to be fair she listened to every one that was played and (other than some vocals) actually enjoyed some of it :eek:

quite the opposite happened in my house Sunday, instead of Lyndsay listening to her music all the time, she (without and prompting from me) put in all my music so we had a combined playlist and the agreement was that I couldn't skip her songs and vice versa.

The playlist threw up mainly metal and to be fair she listened to every one that was played and (other than some vocals) actually enjoyed some of it :eek:

Ah cool! See, if me and Rich did that, he would probably end up skipping half the tracks that I listen to!

With that, I took a DVD round to watch with him couple weeks ago. After 25 mins, he asked if I could turn it off, cos he didnt like it! lol

Back