• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Metal Monday Pt.14

SUFC_Al

Metal Monday Dude
One is one of the pioneering bands of the death metal genre. The band came from Tampa, Florida, and was founded as Xecutioner in 1985. Shortly before the release of its first album, they changed their name to OBITUARY. It still remains an influential band of the Florida death metal movement that arose in the late 1980s.

Obituary have one the most distinctive sounds of any band, not just in metal but in any genre. From the absurdly low ended guitar to the low, haunting growls of frontman John Tardy they are instantly recognisable.

Obituary is listed as the fifth best-selling death metal band of all time and its albums have sold over 350,000 copies. Its 1992 release The End Complete has also more than 100,000 copies in the United States alone.

Obituary! The End Complete

Obituarybloodylogo.gif

PS. Napster, sorry I couldn't find a video for Rotting Dead, i hope this will suffice. :)
PPS. Thanks tp Rich for the video research :D

Last edited:
What an awesome tune!! I forgot how much I loved their guitar sound until I heard this again, that buzz is just unmistakable and the vocals can actually be understood by a relatively untrained ear (a problem I had with a lot of death metal was that the music was incredible but the vocals were unintelligable!!).

You will do well to top this next week fella!!

What an awesome tune!! I forgot how much I loved their guitar sound until I heard this again, that buzz is just unmistakable and the vocals can actually be understood by a relatively untrained ear (a problem I had with a lot of death metal was that the music was incredible but the vocals were unintelligable!!).

I know mate, they're one of my favourite bands, although my brother has suggested some good for future one's and I still have some of your suggestions!

They have one of my favourite guitar tones ever and when I was sorting out the tones on my Guitar Rig on the PC, I found one very similar to Obituary :eek:

I've seen them live three times, once in a field, once in a pretty big venue and once in a tiny club and they kicked *** every time!

Seminal band!

Metal.. the music of queers.................

I have just watched this video and may I just say... WHAT A LOAD OF ****ING TRIPE!

1. No musical skill

2. No tallent

3. No emotion (other then acting like some loony on crack)

just a complete and utter shamble of blokes swinging there heads in some cool wannabe devil hardcore wan-kers ! just a complete **** take screaming and roaring down the microphone what is the musical talent in that I ask NOTHING!!!

Metal stems from them people you went to school with who got bullied so they turned grunge and Gothic to try and be hard and look non conformist

well your all a ****ing joke!!!

see my angle though where is the vocal talent in that?

I can understand why people don't like the vocals Scott, even I dislike a lot of vocals in metal but it's used as more of an instrument than true singing.

But there is talent in it, yes you might not be able to hear the actual words sometimes, but physical talent I'm talking about. It bloody hurts getting your voice that low and believe it or not, some of these vocalists visit vocal coaches so as not to damage their vocal chords and improve their techique and to do it for 90 minutes on stage is certainly not easy. So while I might not like some vocals (in the case of this band I do like the vocals becasue they're unique) I can appreciate what the vocalist goes through to get his voice like that.

I think we'll agree to disagree on this Scott and draw a veil over it once and for all.

And no, i don't think it is time for another poll....because you'll lose again :p :cool:

Back