• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC_Al

Metal Monday Dude
Monday has come round again so it's time for another installment of Metal (Is Not Gay, according to the majority of SZ users) Monday. Once again I thank my brother, this time We're Not Cockneys, for his choice.

Widely regarded as "the first Death Metal band" Death was created by guitarist/vocalist Chuck Schuldiner (The Father of Death Metal) as early 1983 and went on to create a whole new genre. Whilst bands like Metallica, Slayer, Exodus and the like were churning out super fast Thrash Metal, Death, along with Florida buddies Morbid Angel went that little bit furter in terms of riffage, intensity and vocal style, moving away from the falsetto tones of Thrash to a more growling, guttural style.

Death had a constantly changing line-up, no less than 27 different musicians played with Chuck in Death and that's remarkable really.

Death released 8 studio albums and by 1995 with their Symbolic album and the later The Sound of Perseverance album, Death had shifted from their Death Metal roots to a more progressive sound and, for me, produced some Chuck's best ever writing and songs.

Chuck Schuldinder passed away on December 13th 2001, aged 34, after being diagnosed with brain cancer and after released from hospital, he contracted pnuemonia and died at his home.

RIP Chuck.

So here is:
Death - Left To Die/Pull The Plug

Last edited:
You can tell who is the intelligent one in the family Al..;)

MM05-2002-pic7.JPG

RIP

Cheers Al, I didn't think my nomination would be posted this early!

Death simply are my favourite band ever but annoyingly I only got into them about three years ago. I cannot understate the impression they have left on me.

From pioneering Death Metal to seamlessly shifting their style over the course of a decade to a more progressive, melodic (yet brutal) form of metal without ever compromising on quality was truly amazing. There's a Death album to suit any fan of proper metal!

Death had a constantly changing line-up, no less than 27 different musicians played with Chuck in Death and that's remarkable really.[/URL]

Here's the full list from EmptyWords.Org

Chuck Schuldiner-guitar/vocals

Kam Lee-drums/vocals
Rick Rozz-guitar
Scott Carlson-bass
Matt Olivio-guitar
Eric Brecht-drums
Eric (last name unknown)-bass :rolleyes: :D
Chris Reifert-drums
Terry Buttler-bass
Bill Andrews-drums
James Murphy-guitar
Albert Gonzales-guitar
Paul Masvidal-guitar
Steve DiGiorgio-bass
Skott Carino-bass
Andy LaRocquer-guitar
Gene Hoglan-drums
Craig Locicero-guitar
Ralph Santolla-guitar
Bobby Koelble-guitar
Kelly Conlon-bass
Shannon Hamm-guitar
Scott Clendenin-bass
Richard Christy-drums

Wiki got it wrong, there's only 24 members! :finger:

R.I.P Chuck.

Monday has come round again so it's time for another installment of Metal (Is Not Gay, according to the majority of SZ users) Monday. Once again I thank my brother, this time We're Not Cockneys, for his choice.

Widely regarded as "the first Death Metal band" Death was created by guitarist/vocalist Chuck Schuldiner (The Father of Death Metal) as early 1983 and went on to create a whole new genre. Whilst bands like Metallica, Slayer, Exodus and the like were churning out super fast Thrash Metal, Death, along with Florida buddies Morbid Angel went that little bit furter in terms of riffage, intensity and vocal style, moving away from the falsetto tones of Thrash to a more growling, guttural style.

Death had a constantly changing line-up, no less than 27 different musicians played with Chuck in Death and that's remarkable really.

Death released 8 studio albums and by 1995 with their Symbolic album and the later The Sound of Perseverance album, Death had shifted from their Death Metal roots to a more progressive sound and, for me, produced some Chuck's best ever writing and songs.

Chuck Schuldinder passed away on December 13th 2001, aged 34, after being diagnosed with brain cancer and after released from hospital, he contracted pnuemonia and died at his home.

RIP Chuck.

So here is:
Death - Left To Die/Pull The Plug

Awesome stuff. The band that spawned a whole scene out of Florida in the late 80s and early 90s - Morbid Angel, Cynic, Malevolent Creation and the insanely sick sounds of Obituary may not have seen the light of day without Chuck. Whether the grindcore/deathcore scene that emerged from England in the late 1980s or the Scandinavian death metal scene of the same period would have emerged without hearing Chuck's work is open to debate too.

Can't wait until next week's installment ;)

Cheers Al, I didn't think my nomination would be posted this early!

Death simply are my favourite band ever but annoyingly I only got into them about three years ago. I cannot understate the impression they have left on me.

From pioneering Death Metal to seamlessly shifting their style over the course of a decade to a more progressive, melodic (yet brutal) form of metal without ever compromising on quality was truly amazing. There's a Death album to suit any fan of proper metal!

Here's the full list from EmptyWords.Org

Chuck Schuldiner-guitar/vocals

Kam Lee-drums/vocals
Rick Rozz-guitar
Scott Carlson-bass
Matt Olivio-guitar
Eric Brecht-drums
Eric (last name unknown)-bass :rolleyes: :D
Chris Reifert-drums
Terry Buttler-bass
Bill Andrews-drums
James Murphy-guitar