• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
I just don't get it. Why is this man being allowed the appeal here? Bang to rights, video evidence, admitted his part and yet the Human Rights bleeding hearts lot say he's entitled to an appeal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25961430

FFS, why??? The most senior judge in the land should just come right out and tell him he has no chance and he should stop wasting taxpayers' money. Makes my blood boil. :angry:

Sentence should be increased for being "frivolous" in the same way red cards can be!!!

Unbelievable.
In an ideal world the scumbag would've been executed already.

That's precisely what he wants though. He's already expressed that due to his fundamentalist beliefs that he should either be freed or killed, so why buckle to his demands? In imprisoning him here we don't allow him the martyrdom he seeks, which in my opinion is a far greater sentence.

Ghastly bloke who should rot in jail for the rest of his life without any luxury whatsoever.

Prospect of 40 plus years in a maximum security prison with no hope of release is much worse than the death penalty in my opinion

I just don't get it. Why is this man being allowed the appeal here? Bang to rights, video evidence, admitted his part and yet the Human Rights bleeding hearts lot say he's entitled to an appeal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25961430

FFS, why??? The most senior judge in the land should just come right out and tell him he has no chance and he should stop wasting taxpayers' money. Makes my blood boil. :angry:

Sentence should be increased for being "frivolous" in the same way red cards can be!!!

Sorry, OBL but the process of appeal is an important part the legal system in the UK and without it many innocent people would still be in prison. The court of Appeal dates back the 19th Century, so it was in place well before the so called Human Rights bleeding hearts lot were even born.

As I understand it, if he appeals, a judge will look at the evidence in private and decide whether an appeal can be heard. He can just say no if there isn't any new compelling evidence or any chance of success.

As you rightly say, this man is guilty, so there is no chance a judge would allow the appeal to go any further. This can all be done by post, and even if an oral hearing is requested, there will be no arguing of the facts, just the judge stating why the application has failed.

The current procedures were introduced to stop valuable court time being taken up by frivolous appeals.

The law should apply equally to everyone and we can't just decide to take away the rights of one person no matter how nasty the crime.

Last edited:
I can't even explain what I would like done to this man. I can't explain it because I don't even know. All I know is that life in prison somehow just doesn't seem enough for what he did. Murdering an innocent family man in cold blood, in such a brutal way, who's only real crime was being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I'm glad we don't advocate capital punishment and therefore cannot give this man what he so desires, but the fact that he is able to live out the rest of his life with some form of human rights, after so ruthlessly taking someone else's in front of a community including children doesn't seem right.

Really? Ever done any time?
No but spending rest of my life in a maximum security prison with no hope of release would be a very slow and painful existence.These 2 men will know that is what awaits them.

Back