• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Michael Caine's political maxim.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
There was an article in the Times this morning in which Michael Caine said that he didn't trust anyone who was left of Tony Blair or right of David Cameron. Sounds like a sensible political judgement to me.

Not really. Old white rich man forgets where he came from. What a shocker.

Not really, he wants to play one of the bandits in the Hatton Garden robbery if a film of it is made, so villainy is nearly in his blood.

How have you worked that out?

Do you not think that if not for the huge social change of the 60s, Maurice Micklewhite's acting career may not of been so stellar? I'd put Harold Wilson to the left of Blair just a tad.....

Not really. Old white rich man forgets where he came from. What a shocker.

I'd guess that a lot of people "where he came from" would have a similar view, don't see any correlation between him being rich and famous and him having this political view if i'm honest. Not saying I agree completely but I think this middle ground is where the majority stand.

Do you not think that if not for the huge social change of the 60s, Maurice Micklewhite's acting career may not of been so stellar? I'd put Harold Wilson to the left of Blair just a tad.....

It's an interesting theory I'll give you that.

However if correct how would you explain the successful careers of say Laughton or Karloff, or even Cary grant who were all from modest backgrounds and yet had very successful careers pre world war 2.

It's an interesting theory I'll give you that.

However if correct how would you explain the successful careers of say Laughton or Karloff, or even Cary grant who were all from modest backgrounds and yet had very successful careers pre world war 2.

Because they went to America. Watch a film from the 40s or 50s, it's all Queens English and clipped tones. The only parts that people like Michael Caine got were the villains.

Currently our acting stock is all posh boys again - Benerdict Cumberbatch, Damian Lewis etc. Not many working class kids break into acting these days.

Back