• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Michael Gove shown up on Radio 5

Only listened to the first minute as am at work, but my first indication was that it makes a refreshing change that the caller seemed quite articulate, intelligent and even handed. Usually those calling into radio shows come across as absolute morons, which is why I never listen to the football phone ins anymore, and would far rather a decent interviewer question a subject than the 'public'......

Totally agree and yes verbally he was more then a match for teh minister and corrected him later in the interviewer for interrupting him. The caller makes many sensible points that I have heard teachers talk about and the idea I've mentioned a little while ago that the economy is a product of education not vis versa . And Children must be encouraged to learn what they are good at .
Gove makes the mistake of assuming this man is saying that because he encourages arts he is automatically opposed to the more traditional subjects , of which he is not and keeps correcting him .

Gove has a binary mentality to education sadly its one thing or the other , it is shown up very well in this debate.

Gove didn't exactly help himself by coming across as a pompous, ignorant ****wit, constantly contradicting himself and talking over the guest and being thoroughly disrespectful.

Ignoring the callers points and trying to twist the argument to fit his own without listening to what the caller is actually saying .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-12171281

And he is the educational secretary .

Who'd have thought a politician answering a different question to the one asked? Bet no-one's ever done that before.

Gove is an arrogant idiot and quite possibily the worst person to hold this post since Thatcher(the milk snatcher).

Define worst person - are we talking about drowning kittens or ability to do the job?

The latter.

In which case I can only assume you're distinguishing between the Secretary of State for Education and the Secretary of State for Education and Skillz, a post which was filled by the likes of Estelle Morris, Ruth Kelly and Alan Johnson.

Gove didn't exactly help himself by coming across as a pompous, ignorant ****wit, constantly contradicting himself and talking over the guest and being thoroughly disrespectful.

Totally agree. Just listened to it on BBC now. I am bloody worried about what he is going to do with my job...

Who'd have thought a politician answering a different question to the one asked? Bet no-one's ever done that before.

Define worst person - are we talking about drowning kittens or ability to do the job?

Just in this case a more spectacularly bad way and being taken to task by the questioner :D

In which case I can only assume you're distinguishing between the Secretary of State for Education and the Secretary of State for Education and Skillz, a post which was filled by the likes of Estelle Morris, Ruth Kelly and Alan Johnson.

Estelle Morris,as a former teacher herself,would IMO have made an excellent Minister, if she'd had a bit more confidence in her ability.Unfortunately that'a a quality which both Ruth Kelly and Alan Johnson have rather too much of ,again IMO.

Back