• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Michael Gove's Speech

The Big Dady

¡Viva la Kevolución! ⭐️ ⭐️
Staff member
What do you think of this speech by Michael Gove prior to the vote of no confidence in the government?

Is it a bid to make himself a front runner in any possible leadership battle?

Nowhere near as good as Tom Watson's which preceded it. I'm certainly not hear to defend Corbyn but I found Gove's speech rather ugly with nasty undertones (Reminded me a biy of Tebbit's semi-house-trained polecat). It was twofold, a very personal attack on Corbyn the man, whilst, at the same time being a clear pitch for the battle of succession in the Tory party. It doesn't bode well for the level of debate in the next General Election. By contrast Tom Watson's speech was a 'tour de force' which wasn't so personalised but nevertheless dismantled clinically, reasonably, calmly and sorrowfully the failures of May's policies.

Politics as show business for ugly people was never better exemplified than by this ludicrous, hyped up hysterical piece of theatrical posturing. Packing more lies and slanders into his ten minutes than even a Daily Mail editorial could muster, this was clearly a leadership bid which has badly misfired, especially when contrasted with the calm, clinical disembowelment of the May government by Tom Watson in the previous speech. The more people see of this blustering idiot the better, because it all but guarantees a Labour landslide if the Tories are daft enough to let him have any exposure.

Slimey, odious, two-faced, back stabbing, toady man. Yuk! Should come with a health warning IMHO.

I hadn't seen this speech before and MG comes across as one who thinks he's a good (great ?) orator. Clearly, this is not the case. He's just another one of those on that side of the House with an eye on the main chance. His actions immediately after the Referendum left a particularly unpleasant taste in the mouth and I'd imagine there are many who wouldn't trust him as far as they could spit.

TW on the other hand - whilst I may not agree with his politics, I do have a huge amount of respect for. I was listening to him speaking a few week's back about various things - none of which involved politics - and he came across as a very sincere and decent man.

By contrast Tom Watson's speech was a 'tour de force' which wasn't so personalised but nevertheless dismantled clinically, reasonably, calmly and sorrowfully the failures of May's policies.

Goes to see/listen to Tom Watson's full speech.

I found it and in the way of balance, post it here.

Watched them both all the way through and thoroughly enjoyed the theatre of both. Watson’s speech was excellent but then it should be, he’s a politician and that’s what they do. Gove came out punching and totally ripped Corbyn apart (what did anyone expect him to do, he’s fighting for his Prime Minister?)
Couldn’t care less if it was a leadership bid, May is crap and I wouldn’t mind her going. On that point Watson was spot on.
Talking of Watson, I thought you all hated him as he constantly stands up to Corbyn and Co?

I received this amazing e-mail offer! Tories a bit cash strapped? :Smile: Really tempted to become a 'Gold member' and get Michael's special offer!' :Winking:

It’s a fact. Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour Party have more staff on the ground than we do.

They’ve recruited over 70 full-time campaigners – to help them win the local elections in May.

And with a majority of their campaigners based outside London, it’s clear what Labour are doing. They’re targeting our most important seats.

If Labour win in May, we know what will happen. Higher council tax, weaker public services and a path for Jeremy Corbyn to become Prime Minister.

We’ve only got 90 days left to the local elections. So will you make a contribution to OUR campaign managers?

In last year’s local elections, we beat Labour because of our campaign managers.

And we can beat them again. With your support, we’ll show that we’re able to take on Corbyn at the letter box as well as the dispatch box.

I know that campaign managers work.

They helped us beat Ed Miliband in 2015. They helped us win last year’s local elections. And they help our party stay in power.

So thanks to our campaign managers, 1.9 million more children are in good or outstanding schools. Unemployment is at its lowest level since the 1970s. Income tax has been cut for 32 million people. And our NHS is set to receive a record level of funding.

And we can only afford our campaign managers because people like you are present AND involved.

if you sign up to be a Gold member in the next 24 hours, I’ll send you a signed copy of my latest dispatch box statement (click here to see the video).

Michael-Gove-signature_Jan2019_small1.ashx

Michael Gove MP

PS: With 90 days to go to the local elections, we need your help. Will you make sure we beat Labour by supporting our campaign managers?

RegisterEmailOpened.ashx

Informations légales Plan du site Phishing Cookies Données personnelles Signaler un

I received this amazing e-mail offer! Tories a bit cash strapped? :Smile: Really tempted to become a 'Gold member' and get Michael's special offer!' :Winking:

If Labour win in May, we know what will happen. Higher council tax,

So thanks to our campaign managers, 1.9 million more children are in good or outstanding schools. Unemployment is at its lowest level since the 1970s.. And our NHS is set to receive a record level of funding.

Hmm Re Council Tax, have already been notified ours is going up this year, as it doe's every year irrelevant of whose in Government.

Re Schools, forget the 'outstanding ones', how many of those are there?.
My DIL is a teacher at a local one in Southend, they cant even afford new pencils!!!!.
Unemployment- doe's this include all those on zero hrs contracts?. Even if not, don't believe that's true.
How much is the NHS going to receive, & is it the amount they say they need?.

RegisterEmailOpened.ashx

Back