• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Michael Ngoo

Or when Florent Sinama-Pongolle and Anthony Le Tallec were going to change the Premier League forever, Or when Jermaine Pennant would flourish under Benitez, Or when Dirk Kuyt was going to score as many as Ruud Van Nistelrooy and Bergkamp, Or when Lucas was the hottest property out of Brazil in decades, or when Daniel Agger was a supreme defender, or when Albert Riera would give them natural width...

Ngoo, however, did actually impress me in last year's FA Youth Cup.

Michael Ngoo struck a brace as Liverpool U18s beat Cardiff City 2-0 in a pre-season friendly at the Academy on Saturday afternoon.
spacer.gif

The striker netted twice before half-time, including a sublime individual opener in which he strode beyond the challenges of four visiting defenders before slotting into the corner.
Ngoo then doubled his tally with a neat finish from a cross as Rodolfo Borrell's men claimed a well-deserved win against a talented Cardiff side.

John Aldridge said during the week the lad has great talent but should probably go out on loan to get some league games.
Maybe they might consider loaning him back to us as it might benefit all parties.

Am I right in thinking if he plays once for the first team, we receive 250K?

The fee could reach £250,000 if he "goes on to realise his potential" according to quotes from Ricky Duncan at the time:
SUFC Official site: Ngoo seals Liverpool move.

Article also says that we "could stand to make over £250,000" if he goes on to play for the first-team at Anfield, so it may be staggered depending on appearances and/or goals.

Michael Ngoo struck a brace as Liverpool U18s beat Cardiff City 2-0 in a pre-season friendly at the Academy on Saturday afternoon.
spacer.gif

The striker netted twice before half-time, including a sublime individual opener in which he strode beyond the challenges of four visiting defenders before slotting into the corner.
Ngoo then doubled his tally with a neat finish from a cross as Rodolfo Borrell's men claimed a well-deserved win against a talented Cardiff side.

John Aldridge said during the week the lad has great talent but should probably go out on loan to get some league games.
Maybe they might consider loaning him back to us as it might benefit all parties.

Just saw this on liverpool tv , He looks so awkward but is so talented :)

Hmm, seems to be starting to realise his potential, that goal for England certainly interesting! Playing alongside Shelvey can't be bad. I don't recognise any other names though, although Andre Wisdom seems like a wise version of Andre 3000.

Excellent finish from the lad, there.

Have to say, from those highlights, the U19 age group seems to be very promising. Considering it's a newly assembled squad, there was some very clever interchanges on display.

Those boys could certainly teach the First team a few things. So many times in those highlights they kept the ball on the deck and passed it quickly and with and idea behind the pass. Was nice to watch. Shelvey looked a different class in that to the other players, and it wouldn't surprise me if he was promoted up to the under 21's at some pont this season (still can't see him playing for Liverpoo this year though).

As for Ngoo, could we look at getting him back on loan :)

Claimed two assists playing on the right in England U19's 4-0 win over Cyprus... Continues to impress.

Fingers crossed he'll get an international goal and lift up his shirt and reveal a t-shirt with "I belong to Duncan" written across it.

Fingers crossed he'll get an international goal and lift up his shirt and reveal a t-shirt with "I belong to Duncan" written across it.

I think that's a stipulation in the transfer agreement... If that occurs, Jamie Carragher has to admit he should've retired years ago.

Back