• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

amsemp

Director⭐
Seems people on here are quite split about Spillane, but I would love to see him stay to be completely honest. Don't really think he's had a fair crack of the whip since he joined and he's still relatively young. Some players settle quicker than others when they join a new club and he may need a bit longer to bed in, get his confidence and get a good run of games. He proved how good he was at Dagenham and with Mkandawire departing and unlikely to return this summer, he could well be the immediate replacement to fill that role in defensive midfield. I can honestly see him developing into a very good player for us, just hope Brown can give him a chance.

Can anyone really not see a future for him at this club?

I used to think he was fairly decent for Daggers when he played against us however since he joined he has been a huge dissapointment in my opinion. He was a player who I jeered when he played against us, but only as I saw him as a threat.

On the showings for us, I would say that Technically in midfield he struggles, he is not very mobile and from day one he looks as though he has been overweight. His lack of pace, limited technical ability but aerial threat could make him a better candidate for Centre back which of course is where he started his career. Saying that though, his appearance at the back was also of a poor standard.

When he signed in January I was chuffed but a little gutted that he was only contracted until the summer - now I am pleased that he will most probably be shwon the door unless of Phil Brown can work his magic.

like it has been already posted, Spillane needs a good run of games to show what he can do, this will bring confidence and fitness so he can show he is worthy of a regular place

Not seen very much from him to warrant any form of contract/extension to any deal. Not been given a run in the side, granted, but doesn't inspire much.

I wasn't actually aware he was only contracted until the end of the season. Does seem an incredibly strange one then seeing as we paid a fee. Can only imagine it was a very nomial fee, but still couldn't imagine Daggers letting him go that much on the cheap! Anyone know if we have option for another a year or something?

Back