• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

it's not trivial. It's called perverting the course of justice and there has to be good reason not to jail. As others have said hopefully the prison will have a good gym.

It may not be trivial but it's a ridiculous idea to send people to prison for it, in my opinion, be they politicians, footballers or anyone else.

Substantial fine; substantial community service order - both give back to the community and punish the offender; high future insurance costs; public humiliation - all pretty effective.

Destroying a person's career and potentially putting them in desperate circumstances is absolutely pointless (unlike Timlin).

Our prisons are costly and over-crowded. Let's use them effectively.

It may not be trivial but it's a ridiculous idea to send people to prison for it, in my opinion, be they politicians, footballers or anyone else.

Substantial fine; substantial community service order - both give back to the community and punish the offender; high future insurance costs; public humiliation - all pretty effective.

Destroying a person's career and potentially putting them in desperate circumstances is absolutely pointless (unlike Timlin).

Our prisons are costly and over-crowded. Let's use them effectively.

So you're a liberal on social issues (but a Tory on politics)?:winking:

I also can only guess but one of MT's associates must have started the enquiry off? I wonder who he told the story to? Did he then p*** them off?

It's ok - Uncle Ron will stand by him and he'll wear a vest that says THANK YOU after scoring a hat trick against Newport or something.

At best he won't be needing his car for a while.
At worst...................................

I think he will be lucky to escape a bit of bird now, I reckon he will get a min 4-8 weeks, a hefty fine and license revoked for a couple of years (I am no lawyer though):

"The expected range of a prison sentence for perverting the course of justice is between four and 36 months, according to the Crown Prosecution Service. In assessing punishment, judges can take into account the "seriousness of the substantive offence", how long the offender persisted in misleading the authorities and whether it was premeditated.
Recent cases involving motorists who lied about their driving have resulted in relatively short prison sentences. An army captain who had been caught by a speed camera and tried to escape punishment by telling police his vehicle had been exported was given three months in jail in 2003."

He lives on Pomeroy Street? Well rough that area.

Yeah I used to live about 5 mins away when I first moved to London. Then I got a few payrises and realised there were nicer areas of London that were then affordable. On a footballer's wage he must have an absolute palace in that neck of the woods.

So you're a liberal on social issues (but a Tory on politics)?:winking:

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. You're potentially right but I generally try not to pigeon hole myself. Certainly don't agree with things just because one party says it should be so.

So, anyway, your opinion? Prison right or wrong in this instance?

I don't think he'll do time, and I don't think that he should.

He's a complete **** however.

Personally think he will be looking at 3 - 6 months inside for this at it is three counts of perverting the course of justice and imo rightly so, once perhaps, twice hmmm and three times, well stupid in the extreme.

Nobody was hurt. I thought jails were stuffed to the brim? A ban, a hefty fine, and a bit of community service will suffice.

Did the MP's initially plead not guilty? and then further down the line change the plea. By admitting the offence at the start he may be thinking he'll get a lesser sentence. Doing it 3 times though is just idiotic.

Back