• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ayrshire Blue

The Custard Splat
Been done for speeding and looks like he's had other people take the points. Silly, silly boy if this is true.

Front page of today's echo

A short spell in a soft prison,with a decent gym and a good diet now on offer, should make him the best shape he has been in for the new season:smile:

Using someone else to 'take the points' is not a new thing and until recently was not seen as a major crime.
Unfortunately , with the press coverage this year ( or last ? ) of an MP doing this , it has both raised the profile and possibly set a precedent.
Silly man...

I don't know how far back the offences date but he could be able to get out of it if he's claiming he's been getting driven around by other people whilst having his broken leg.

I don't know how far back the offences date but he could be able to get out of it if he's claiming he's been getting driven around by other people whilst having his broken leg.

Que? That doesn't work. This must be before the break or he wouldn't be behind the wheel. I'd imagine he was on 9,10 or 11 points and was facing a ban. Prison time could be on the cards for him.

Using someone else to 'take the points' is not a new thing and until recently was not seen as a major crime.
Unfortunately , with the press coverage this year ( or last ? ) of an MP doing this , it has both raised the profile and possibly set a precedent.
Silly man...

Chris Huhne just released on Monday after 3 months of an 8 month sentence.

Someone I know claimed a similar thing , but was 'caught out' by CCTV camera.
Actually , although I understood there were more cameras around these days , I was amazed at the number of times he was clearly spotted...........quite scary actually

Hopefully the court will know this is a bit different league from the liar,liar, liar cabinet minister who took it all the way to crown court before coming clean. Tims can likely claim naivety and poor advice from his friends; some community service work would be a fitting punishment maybe.

Hopefully the court will know this is a bit different league from the liar,liar, liar cabinet minister who took it all the way to crown court before coming clean. Tims can likely claim naivety and poor advice from his friends; some community service work would be a fitting punishment maybe.

I'm sure that was the case before the Ministers 'issues' , but he is now on far stonier ground since the case was so high profile.
It could even be argued that since the well publicised Minister case , he should have been more aware !

I'm sure that was the case before the Ministers 'issues' , but he is now on far stonier ground since the case was so high profile.
It could even be argued that since the well publicised Minister case , he should have been more aware !

Depends when this happened. If the offences took place before Huhne's became public knowledge he couldn't really have been more aware...

If this is proved, he is going down. Maybe not for very long, but can't see any other outcome, particularly as there are three counts against him.

it's not trivial. It's called perverting the course of justice and there has to be good reason not to jail. As others have said hopefully the prison will have a good gym.

He lives on Pomeroy Street? Well rough that area.

No wonder I keep bumping into him, that's five minutes from where I'm living at the moment!

But, yeah, Pomeroy Street is on the border of New Cross and Peckham. Not nice. There's been a fair bit of disorder round those estates lately, a lot of gang-related violence just before Christmas.

No wonder I keep bumping into him, that's five minutes from where I'm living at the moment!

But, yeah, Pomeroy Street is on the border of New Cross and Peckham. Not nice. There's been a fair bit of disorder round those estates lately, a lot of gang-related violence just before Christmas.

I guess 'points on your licence' is not thought of as hard core there then ?

Back