• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Good to see him walking around with no crutches, no plaster cast and smiling yesterday. Really hope that he is one of the out of contracts that is re-signed.

Good to read that as I did wonder if he would ever play again. If there is hope for him next season then he must surely be offered a new contract.

Been a big loss, real shame we didn't have his engine available at Wembley and for the run in....contract is a must!

What he lacks in techinical ability, he more than makes up in passion, desire and work ethic. His attitue around the pitch is infectious (in a good way) and he has been a huge miss for us.

But the question is will Brown give him a chance .And will Timms want to play under browns tenure

What he lacks in techinical ability, he more than makes up in passion, desire and work ethic. His attitue around the pitch is infectious (in a good way) and he has been a huge miss for us.

I am not so sure about that, he does have games where he has a real shocker passing wise, but I have also seen games where his passing is above this level, he has good technique in striking a ball too but we just don't see that enough.

I admit to undervaluing Timlin in the team. Has showed since his injury that we've certainly missed his work rate.

I admit to undervaluing Timlin in the team. Has showed since his injury that we've certainly missed his work rate.

Just about to write the same thing. I am not a Timlin fan however, I have to admit and say I feel we have missed him

We've won two games since he broke his leg. Two. At the time people questioned how big a loss he'd be, but that's become painfully evident as we've pretty much plummeted without his industry in midfield. His tenacity allows us more time in the opponent's half, and that's something we simply haven't had enough of in recent weeks/months. A vital component of this side and it'll be a travesty if he's not given a new deal.

Horses for courses I think... He has been a fatal loss for us whilst PS was in charge, arguably because of the style of football we play, and the remaining options in midfield.

Under a different manager, and a different style of football, he may not be as effective. He was released by Di Canio at Swindon and they went on to win the league without him in their squad.

I suspect Brown will offer him a new contract, especially if he bases his view on the backroom staff. My other concern would be about what type of player he will be after coming back from that kind of injury - There is always a question mark over a player when they have such a major injury.

I am not so sure about that, he does have games where he has a real shocker passing wise, but I have also seen games where his passing is above this level, he has good technique in striking a ball too but we just don't see that enough.

When he plays it simple, he is techincally decent, sometimes he gets over confident with his attempts at Hoddle-esq passes :winking:

Also, I just feel finishing wise he is like a jigsaw puzzle (goes to pieces in the box), I don't think he has scored in a year or so. For a box to box midfielder, that's a poor return imho

This aside though, I think someone has to be in Brown's ear about how important he is to this team.

Good to see him walking around with no crutches, no plaster cast and smiling yesterday. Really hope that he is one of the out of contracts that is re-signed.

Certainly good to hear. I'm pretty sure someone asked CP about him the other day and he said that Michael would be back running before the end of the month.:unsure:

When he plays it simple, he is techincally decent, sometimes he gets over confident with his attempts at Hoddle-esq passes :winking:

Also, I just feel finishing wise he is like a jigsaw puzzle (goes to pieces in the box), I don't think he has scored in a year or so. For a box to box midfielder, that's a poor return imho

This aside though, I think someone has to be in Brown's ear about how important he is to this team.

Yep I agree, should definitely score more goals...the thing is if Brown wants to completely start again with the squad, he may not be as important. I do hope he will be a central figure for seasons to come though. Timlin and Laird could serve us as a good midfield partnership next season....

I don't think I actually realised how good and how important Timlin was until he got injured! The midfield literally fell apart without him. Really hope he comes through his treatment well and we can get him resigned on a new contract. Laird and Timlin will run the show together next season.

Can't believe it has taken his injury for some people to realise how good and important he is too us. I've said it on other threads, twitter, to any one that listens - Timlin is such an integral cog part of our squad. He sets our tempo with his energy and people will note just how poor our tempo has been since we lost him !!

And for me, anyone that can burst a ball in a block tackle he had no right to go for is 100 % a player I want in my team !! For me his play is very much like Mark Bentley - some one that wears the shirt with so much pride and plays the ball whatever the odds are on him winning it !!

Timlin for me is a must to resign !!! End of !! Especially in league 2 !!!

Back