• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Can't get my head around people abusing Timlin in the south upper tonight.

Granted he was was having an absolute mare first half, but this is a player who is being played out of position and is one of the most professional players we've got in the squad.

Not only is he probably our longest serving player, but I can't think of many in the past decade or two that have been as loyal or committed to the cause as Tims.

He may not be as important a player for us as he once was, but as a versatile squad player who clearly helps the younger players in the squad, I think there's huge value in him being here.

No sense in abusing a player who has given so much, well within his rights to have a word back in my view. If we're turning on our own players at 0-0 after 20 minutes against Wimbledon then we must have some real plonkers in the crowd.

Hear, hear. That guy has literally spilt blood for the cause. Been a great servant for us. So called fans need to have a look at themselves. Bunch of idiots

As said on BBC Essex tonight Timlin dives in to soon and gives away to many free kicks in dangerous areas . It has been said stay on your feet rather than take a risk diving in And that is his real problem .

I didn't abuse him tonight ( as I never do to any player ) , but despite all his effort and endeavour he will never be a full back.
Nothing to do with effort , but his positional sense is appalling.
The blame tonight for why I think we nearly lost the game is with the Manager ( who I largely support ).
We started with White on the bench who has been MoM on 3 or 4 occasions this season- which makes no sense.
Timlin is not a bad player , but playing out of position

Can't get my head around people abusing Timlin in the south upper tonight.

Granted he was was having an absolute mare first half, but this is a player who is being played out of position and is one of the most professional players we've got in the squad.

Not only is he probably our longest serving player, but I can't think of many in the past decade or two that have been as loyal or committed to the cause as Tims.

He may not be as important a player for us as he once was, but as a versatile squad player who clearly helps the younger players in the squad, I think there's huge value in him being here.

No sense in abusing a player who has given so much, well within his rights to have a word back in my view. If we're turning on our own players at 0-0 after 20 minutes against Wimbledon then we must have some real plonkers in the crowd.
They probably didn't even realise he won the ball and provided the pass which led to us scoring

Whether he's playing out of position or not, does not excuse the 3 or 4 free kicks he needlessly gave away.

They could have cost us and therefore people were right to be annoyed and frustrated with him.

Hendrie would be better !! Timlin gives to many free kicks away, what must hendrie think

Whether he's playing out of position or not, does not excuse the 3 or 4 free kicks he needlessly gave away.

They could have cost us and therefore people were right to be annoyed and frustrated with him.

That's what people in the south lower were having a pop about I think, telling him to stay on his feet. He carried on his rant when we had a corner, having a go at the south upper. He needed to pick his dummy up and get on with the game. He's a pro, he should be able to let it go over his head. Players get a lot more abuse than he got tonight. Hopefully he will stop diving in so much

E
Hendrie would be better !! Timlin gives to many free kicks away, what must hendrie think

Hopefully that he needs to raise his game to get his shirt back! Truth is he lost it because his performances were not good enough and frankly if he can't win it back from a midfielder cum defender before Xmas he won't have a prayer when Coker is back. I actually expect White to start at LB on Saturday if he is fit.

What did he want, a medal? Part of his role is to win tackles. Part of his role isn't to keep diving in, giving away free kicks in dangerous areas

It is a very fine line. Truth is it wasn't the greatest performance from the team as a whole and suspect he was putting a foot in through a mixture of frustration and in an effort to get the rest of the team going. We also need to remember he is playing out of position too. I think the criticism is a bit unfair tbh.

I know he was having a mare tonight, mostly the first half, he knows it as well, but some fans went well over the top. Come on guys, we've turned the corner and we're on the up. Get behind and encourage the players, even if they're not having a good game.

Hopefully that he needs to raise his game to get his shirt back! Truth is he lost it because his performances were not good enough and frankly if he can't win it back from a midfielder cum defender before Xmas he won't have a prayer when Coker is back. I actually expect White to start at LB on Saturday if he is fit.

He lost it because of injury, its possible he still isnt fully fit.

What did he want, a medal? Part of his role is to win tackles. Part of his role isn't to keep diving in, giving away free kicks in dangerous areas
Pathetic answer,No he doesn't need a medal, but is it too much to ask to credit someone when they are directly involved and in us scoring . In your case the asnswer is clearly yes , it's too much too ask

So lets not get out of our seats and cheer / clap / sing / go generally mad for 2 minutes / set off flares (!), the next time Ranger or Cox score because, after all, "[that's] part of his role". :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Timlin was not at his best and the reaction at first was ok, but he kept going back to it , and that's when he was wrong, as a senior pro , it's not very ,good to offer to " see him after you ****"

Back