• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Microsoft Office 2010

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
Just had a look at some video presentations for Office 2010 on the link below, you can click on each individual office application to view a 2 to 3 min presentation.

I currently run office 2007 which was quite a drastic change from 2003 although 2010 looks like a smartened up version of 2007, Outlook is looking especially good in 2010

You will need to download a very small piece of software to view the presentations, (about 4mb I think).

What do you think??

http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/

Last edited:
Typical of microsoft to require you to download software to watch a vid! Work is only just rolling out 2007

Yep... It's a big investment for a uni. I only have open office on my home pc

I really like it, just scratched the surface so far but first impressions are good. For the sort of work you do i would imagine you will get a lot more out of it.

I hated it at first, was nothing like 2003, and that meant rewriting a lot of VBA code, but now I'm getting into XML coding and manipulating the program using it. Since then I've started to become an advocate, it's so easy to change things as well and finally Microsoft have realised that maybe, just maybe, their customers may want to do more in a worksheet than do equations and show graphs, the graphical interface is amazing.

However, PowerPoint hasn't fared so well for a VBA user, half my code is now defunct.

I hated it at first, was nothing like 2003, and that meant rewriting a lot of VBA code, but now I'm getting into XML coding and manipulating the program using it. Since then I've started to become an advocate, it's so easy to change things as well and finally Microsoft have realised that maybe, just maybe, their customers may want to do more in a worksheet than do equations and show graphs, the graphical interface is amazing.

However, PowerPoint hasn't fared so well for a VBA user, half my code is now defunct.

Yeah....that blooming VBA is a bith!!

:unsure:

we've had the same experience too with our Excel VBA code. It's been a bit of a pain, plus so many other institutions who we work with are still on 2003, the compatability is an issue. We've been moving away from Excel for a lot of our modelling and simulation work anyway, and I hope that in the future Sheffield Uni follows others in promoting open source software and going to Open Office.

I hated 2007 at first, we got it at college and no one really liked it. Hope they don't change it to 2010 as most of us have only just got used to 07.

I am a big fan of the 2007 suite although I did experience some difficulties with it to start with as most did. One of the main reasons I think people disliked it and found it hard was the fact that Microsoft had spent years producing software with options that could only be found by accident or by looking in the most obscure places. However, with 2007 they sorted this out and put the functions in easy to find and sensible places thus causing disaster when users tried looking in the wrong places.

I agree about the VBA coding but as you use the software more in depth it's really good and as others have said the interface is a lot better. Although this initially caused more problems as it is a lot more graphic intensive and the software was often installed on poor computers making the software seem sluggish.

Back