• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mid table mediocrity

It is far to soon to call anything, There are still 20 odd games and 60 points to play for. If at the end of the day we end up mid table that will have been a successful recovery season after where we started from.

Of course I expect auto promotion, it is always good to dream. ?
I’m hoping very few of those games are odd and we can secure safety with 7 or 8 games to go.

I’m hoping very few of those games are odd and we can secure safety with 7 or 8 games to go.
For that to happen , we would need to gain 16 points over the teams below us in the next 13 games ...

So that's 5 wins and a draw

Based on averages this season, over the next 13 games, the teams below us could achieve the following:

Weymouth - 10 points

Wealdstone - 14 points

Maidenhead - 15 points

Obviously all of these teams could either hit a run of good form or go on a terrible run (us included)

So if things continue that way, we would need to aim for 26 points to pull away that early ... Which is 9 wins or 8 wins and 2 draws so we need to avoid losing more than 3 games .... With that form, we would be eyeing up the play offs for the last 8 games .... I really don't think that is possible ?

We can all hope though,would be nice to be safe early so we can enjoy a few games at the end of the season.

Just to bump this thread a little, we are now 13 points clear of the last relegation spot, the occupier of which has only gained 16 points this season.

We are about as safe as we can be until mathematically safe, especially with the form that other sides below us are in.

At this moment in time a top half finish is about the best I expect whilst the new players all blend in ready for a sustained push next season if a couple of the big spenders go up

Back