• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Midfield Gaps

DTS

The Business
Baring in mind that Jay Smith is at Notts County and early reports suggest Luke "I am the greatest" Gutts has gone to the cess pitt that is Orient I really feel we need someone byt the end of the day to cover the central midfield role.

Maher and McCormack I am delighted with but one injury or knock and we are in sh!t street. Clarke I really like a battler and is a 110% player but not a midfielder.

I really hope Tilly has someone up his sleeve. Begining to wish Benno was still here now......

down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 23 2006,11:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 23 2006,11:47)]Begining to wish Benno was still here now......
I've been wishing that Benno was still here since the pre-season...

sad.gif
Seconded!

surely T+B have got a midfielder lined up for today otherwise this really is a bit of naiveity on there behalf.

Clarke as said on previous posts is not a championship Centre midfielder, so it looks like we are going to be praying that maher and McC don't get injuried or suspended.

stange to say the least.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Nov. 23 2006,12:03)]Thirded.

That was Tilly's worst decision to date.
I will 4th that

I was so surprised when it was revealed Beno had gone!!

Such a shame

Brush comes out and says we need players because we are low on numbers, then we let Guttridge go with (at the moment) no sign of anybody coming in!

Very strange
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Nov. 23 2006,12:07)]Brush comes out and says we need players because we are low on numbers, then we let Guttridge go with (at the moment) no sign of anybody coming in!

Very strange  
rock.gif
I can only assume we have someone else lined up...Must also add that its only the Echo that have said he has gone so far.

suspect.gif

It does seem strange, Brushy saying we cant go through with 16 or 17 players, well we've got 12 games in just over a month and at the moment we are going to struggle. Letting Smith, Gutts go. Unless there is a late mad rush (5 hours and counting) we will have to pray everyone stays fit.

[b said:

I'll fifth or sixth that but I don't think it was Tillys decision IIRC. Moreover it was Benno who wanted first team football. Tilly did offer a contract but he decided to go to a place where he got regular first team action rather than a bit part at Southend. I' love him to still be here but you can't really blame Tilly for not trying and you can't blame Benno for wanting regular action. Have to ask ourselves, would he really be first choice in the Championship?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Nov. 23 2006,12:11)]
Thirded.

Have to ask ourselves, would he really be first choice in the Championship?  
rock.gif
He would definately be my first choice. His good in the air, always gives 110%, has good feet and offers something a little different. And also scores goals...something we are missing from midfield!

benno probably has a worse touch than clarke! come off it saying he has good feet

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Nov. 23 2006,12:11)]
[b said:

I'll fifth or sixth that but I don't think it was Tillys decision IIRC. Moreover it was Benno who wanted first team football. Tilly did offer a contract but he decided to go to a place where he got regular first team action rather than a bit part at Southend. I' love him to still be here but you can't really blame Tilly for not trying and you can't blame Benno for wanting regular action. Have to ask ourselves, would he really be first choice in the Championship?  
rock.gif
I still think Tilly if he has wanted him could have kept Benno. Lets face it he was third choice last season with Maher and Gutts on great form ahead of him.

Unless Tilly planned to bring in a midfielder in the summer (baring in mind we lost Petts too) then at worst he was third choice. I cant believe Benno would have been unhappy with that.

We are now a championship side - This sort of thing didnt even happen in the dark days of Div 2 - 2 midfielders......Shocking.....

I hope Francky Moussa is the nuts thats all I can say......
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 23 2006,12:15)]I hope Francky Moussa is the nuts thats all I can say......
mad.gif
I believe he is the dogs family jewels, but bottom of the Championship, and struggling, is no way to throw a 17/18 year old in for his full debut...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Nov. 23 2006,12:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 23 2006,12:15)]I hope Francky Moussa is the nuts thats all I can say......
mad.gif
I believe he is the dogs family jewels, but bottom of the Championship, and struggling, is no way to throw a 17/18 year old in for his full debut...
Agreed but with a choice of "Clarkey the unstopable misplaced passing machine" of The Frank I know who I would go for.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ Nov. 23 2006,12:23)]
[b said:
mad.gif
Surely it would be better than having Clarke in midfield? Moussa needs games sometime if he is going to improve and become part of the first team squad regularly.

GK Flahavan, Collis
RB Francis, Hunt, Wilson
LB Hammell, Barrett, Wilson
CB Prior, Sodje, Clarke, Barrett
CM Maher, McCormack, Clarke, Moussa, Hunt, Gower, Bradbury, Wilson
RM JCR, Hooper, Bradbury, Gower, Lawson
LM Gower, Cole
CF Eastwood, Harrold, Bradbury, Hooper, Paynter, Lawson

I think we have sufficient options to cover most eventualities.

Have you been drinking HKB? Cheese in centre midfield?

Of the CM you list only two are match fit, with Mcormack, Moussa, Cheese and Bradbury very short of matches and relatively untried at this level....

Think we need one more proven CM to cover for Kev's inevitable suspension.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 23 2006,12:36)]GK Flahavan, Collis
RB Francis, Hunt, Wilson
LB Hammell, Barrett, Wilson
CB Prior, Sodje, Clarke, Barrett
CM Maher, McCormack, Clarke, Moussa, Hunt, Gower, Bradbury, Wilson
RM JCR, Hooper, Bradbury, Gower, Lawson
LM Gower, Cole
CF Eastwood, Harrold, Bradbury, Hooper, Paynter, Lawson

I think we have sufficient options to cover most eventualities.
Wilson, Bradbury, Gower, Clarke in midfield?
laugh.gif

How about play them in their proper positions and get some extra players in?

Back