• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Banksy

First XI
Look,

Don't blame the guys up front. Personally I think the midfield is where we are not good enough.

Maher needs support. Gutteridge has not cut the mustard at this level and Hunt is more of a defensive midfielder come sweeper.

We need Dennis Wise/ Paul Ince types in the middle but unfortunately if it were them, then that would clash with our coaching set up. There must be others.

Also the men that Cardiff got in the box to meet their crosses
as have other teams at this level leaves our tequnique very woeful when all we seem to do is to rely on Fredy to conjure something out of nothing.

The gap between our midfield and the front men beggars believe.

What we have achieved in the last two seasons is nothing short of phenominal but we have got to adapt to this level and soon.

Having said all that, the ref, cost us two goals albeit our defending from the resultant situations was non exsistant. When you concede that margin, to a side that are riding high the confidence is eradicated. They struck lucky thanks to a totally incompetent and an inept official who gave them the opportunity to win the game from his scandalous decisions. Thereafter our heads just dropped (not surprisingly) and we were never going to come back.

The midfield must be resolved whereby the forwards might just start scoring.

The defence has to take a majority of the blame aswell...

We have shipped an incredible amount of goals lately, not good enough.

And if were to score more then this would take pressure of the defence.

Thought both centre backs were shown up a bit against cardiff, but not a good day for anyone really, result like this was always gonna happen sooner or later, dont forget we only need to stay up not challenge for the title, dont get too downhearted still early days

[b said:
Quote[/b] (leeblue @ Sep. 25 2006,10:49)]Thought both centre backs were shown up a bit against cardiff, but not a good day for anyone really, result like this was always gonna happen sooner or later, dont forget we only need to stay up not challenge for the title, dont get too downhearted still early days
Agreed but we need to improve for maybe next season (let alone this seasson).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banksy @ Sep. 25 2006,10:17)]Look,

Don't blame the guys up front. Personally I think the midfield is where we are not good enough.

Maher needs support. Gutteridge has not cut the mustard at this level and Hunt is more of a defensive midfielder come sweeper.

We need Dennis Wise/ Paul Ince types in the middle but unfortunately if it were them, then that would clash with our coaching set up. There must be others.

Also the men that Cardiff got in the box to meet their crosses
as have other teams at this level leaves our tequnique very woeful when all we seem to do is to rely on Fredy to conjure something out of nothing.

The gap between our midfield and the front men beggars believe.

What we have achieved in the last two seasons is nothing short of phenominal but we have got to adapt to this level and soon.

Having said all that, the ref, cost us two goals albeit our defending from the resultant situations was non exsistant. When you concede that margin, to a side that are riding high the confidence is eradicated. They struck lucky thanks to a totally incompetent and an inept official who gave them the opportunity to win the game from his scandalous decisions. Thereafter our heads just dropped (not surprisingly) and we were never going to come back.

The midfield must be resolved whereby the forwards might just start scoring.
I agree. I like Kevin Maher and it's a rare thing indeed to have someone with his range of passing and composure, but we need a terrier in next to him. Someone who can just tear about wherever he's needed. Get it and give it. Insert your own cliche here.

We just dont have enough competition in the midfield area. Apart from wingers, we have maher, gutts, bradbury (a striker) hunt (a defender) and an out of form jay smith. I think we need a tough tackling midfielder to hurt opposition players.

Think our midfield lacks goals - the only player who might get a few is Gower. Without them regularly chipping in then there is too much pressure on Freddie to get them as we seem to have problems with his partner being able to contribute a few unless Ricketts does the business for us of course. Saying that even if the midfield start scoring its no good if we continue to be crap at the back of course.

I'd really like to see us sign Alan McCormack. Tough in the tackle, a good passer and not afraid to make surging runs forward, as he proved with that legendary brace away at Macclesfield. With Maher sitting in front of the back four and McCormack snapping at opponents' heels I think we'd be able to play at a higher tempo and really put teams under pressure.

We need to get a "Bentley" type midfield who can break into the box to score goal or give our forward space to nick a goal as the defencer will move away to mark the midfielder who get into the box, close down the opposition midfields - the player who can be our Championship verison of Bentley is Tommy Miller who can get you 10 goal a season from midfield, he is out of faviour at Sunderland & got a home in North Essex, so he will be willing to come on loans to get games.

kevs been playing great but hes not going to get us goals mark gower might get us 5 or 6 jcr might shoot if were lucky i wish we had robinson from swansea he can score goals

We didnt play too badly against Cardiff. The main problem that got the fans annoyed was the officials. Stop start for stupid things, contact sport...ring any bells? But we did very badly for the 3 goals and our link up was poor between midfield and strikers which was mentioned above.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fredheim_holm @ Sep. 25 2006,18:49)]We didnt play too badly against Cardiff. The main problem that got the fans annoyed was the officials. Stop start for stupid things, contact sport...ring any bells? But we did very badly for the 3 goals and our link up was poor between midfield and strikers which was mentioned above.
I thought we were poor vs Cardiff. Our defending was all over the place. I think you were to concentrated on protecting Billy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ozzy-shrimper @ Sep. 25 2006,19:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fredheim_holm @ Sep. 25 2006,18:49)]We didnt play too badly against Cardiff. The main problem that got the fans annoyed was the officials. Stop start for stupid things, contact sport...ring any bells? But we did very badly for the 3 goals and our link up was poor between midfield and strikers which was mentioned above.
I thought we were poor vs Cardiff. Our defending was all over the place. I think you were to concentrated on protecting Billy.
ozzy-shrimper sits next to me at the games by the way, don't count his views...

You sit next to me. Why count yours?
tounge.gif

Can someone tell gower that he is playing left wing not right wing ,watching the last couple of game's we end up having jcr and gower on the right,hunt/guttridge in the middle and maher on the left,we end up losing the ball and the midfield is overrun,gower has to stay on the left to balance the team

yeah i know what your saying but what i was saying is that gower leaves his position to join jcr on the right leaving us with 2 right wingers and nothing on the left so when the ball gets crossed into the box theres no one at the far post.
If you look at any other team the wingers stay in there positions

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steve54 @ Sep. 25 2006,23:06)]yeah i know what your saying but what i was saying is that gower leaves his position to join jcr on the right leaving us with 2 right wingers and nothing on the left so when the ball gets crossed into the box theres no one at the far post.
If you look at any other team the wingers stay in there positions
Gives us an unpredictable elemant then really?...

But I'd prefer to have a winger on each wing.

Back