• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Midfielders to hold talks about their futures with Southend United

I think we should keep just one of them. I will not name names but one Lucky Geezer is a must.

If they are in talks looks like they will be offering both an extension. It's more of the question will they accept the terms? If they were to be released it would have been a very short conversation

First and maybe only chance to reduce our overburdened elderly squad for some time and maybe have a wage to bring in someone new and we are not taking it. Seriously.?. Ffs

Thank you for you time but we need to free up wages to bring in a new face .So with that one has to go and i know which one i feel should make way no names mentioned .

Surely Atkinson won't be offered a deal. If the club are serious about making progress then giving Will another deal suggests that they are living in cloud cuckoo land. With Gard, he seems a neat and tidy player but is one of the many lightweight midfielders on our books, we need more height and strength in that area.

I think Atkinson needs to go, he doesn't seem to have the legs any more, even for this level. I'd agree with those saying give Gard a shot for the rest of the season, perhaps with an option for next season.

If they are in talks looks like they will be offering both an extension. It's more of the question will they accept the terms? If they were to be released it would have been a very short conversation
All Maher said is that he'll definitely talk to them, that doesn't mean we're offering extensions. If you're letting someone go it's good practice to tell them in person rather than to just change the locks.

It’s tough but given we have been under an embargo until recently, finances are obviously pretty tight so the opportunity to get two wages off the books may be too hard to turn down in the current climate.

Feel sorry for Gard as there is definitely a player in there, but he’s not irreplaceable. Atkinson had an unexpected swan-song with this short term contract and must already be planning for what he’ll do next.

I think it depends on what other options are available. If both are replaceable with better and or cheaper players, then release both

Both not good enough! We can't be carrying anyone anymore! Thanks lads time to go!
I actually agree with Shrimpet (words I never thought I would say). Atkinson has had his day and I worry that Gard’s will never come. Time for both to go with our best wishes and to bring in another all action midfielder with the spare money.

Back