• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Feb. 15 2005,15:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Feb. 15 2005,15:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Feb. 15 2005,15:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ Feb. 15 2005,15:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Feb. 15 2005,15:13)]Shame I never knew about the separate transaction deal in my younger days of buying each version of big releases.  Maybe the likes of Pulp would have knocked the evil Wets off their 17 week (or so) No1 slot then!
It was 15 weeks... sorry to be a picky git!!  
biggrin.gif
Hence why I put "or so" as I knew that someone with a photographic knowledge of Trivia of the British Phonographic Industry would pick me up on that!
15 weeks, 17 weeks whatever.

All I know is it felt like a lifetime!

ghostface.gif
Fair play to old Jarv though for going on TotP with a "I Hate Wet Wet Wet" t-shirt on under his Geography teacher's jacket!  My defence of that moment & general hatred of Marty Pellow et al once landed me a smack in the face from some bird at my mate's housewarming!  Lairy Clydebank bint  
oops.gif
Normally getting a smack in the mouth off a bird at a party would not be seen as a good sign, but if it's from a Wet Wet Wet fan then let's face it - you wouldn't have wanted to shag her anway would ya!

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ Feb. 15 2005,15:34)]Ok then, buy them seperate for her... and tell her so!!

a) she'd think u spent more money on her

b) she'd be proud of u for propping her faves towards the no1 spot

c) hmmmmm
I think she's already had more than her fair share from me this week with Roses, a Travis DVD & a slap-up meal!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Feb. 15 2005,15:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Feb. 15 2005,15:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Feb. 15 2005,15:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Feb. 15 2005,15:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ Feb. 15 2005,15:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Feb. 15 2005,15:13)]Shame I never knew about the separate transaction deal in my younger days of buying each version of big releases.  Maybe the likes of Pulp would have knocked the evil Wets off their 17 week (or so) No1 slot then!
It was 15 weeks... sorry to be a picky git!!  
biggrin.gif
Hence why I put "or so" as I knew that someone with a photographic knowledge of Trivia of the British Phonographic Industry would pick me up on that!
15 weeks, 17 weeks whatever.

All I know is it felt like a lifetime!

ghostface.gif
Fair play to old Jarv though for going on TotP with a "I Hate Wet Wet Wet" t-shirt on under his Geography teacher's jacket!  My defence of that moment & general hatred of Marty Pellow et al once landed me a smack in the face from some bird at my mate's housewarming!  Lairy Clydebank bint  
oops.gif
Normally getting a smack in the mouth off a bird at a party would not be seen as a good sign, but if it's from a Wet Wet Wet fan then let's face it - you wouldn't have wanted to shag her anway would ya!

wink.gif
Well no I wouldn't have wanted to but to a Hairy Mary from the West of Scotland that probably passes for a come-on !!!
biggrin.gif

Ur dam right Ron, this thread does create some whacky tangents!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ Feb. 15 2005,15:47)]Ur dam right Ron, this thread does create some whacky tangents!
Me & Ron are bored today so we both hoped this would happen.

It maybe explains why I put on my original comment about HMV & Virgin doing their post-Brits push even though you had said about the surge in sales, just to get it started......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ Feb. 15 2005,15:47)]Ur dam right Ron, this thread does create some whacky tangents!
Mid-week charts, mid-week boredom. There has to be a link...

biggrin.gif

Sneaky... im bored to, cant wait to start me new job in some ways, but then again, it means less daytime surfing, the beauty of this job, meh!! swings and roundabouts

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Feb. 15 2005,15:52)]
[b said:

biggrin.gif
Most of the pasty re-churned RnB stuff in the Midweek charts is boring??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ Feb. 15 2005,15:53)]Sneaky... im bored to, cant wait to start me new job in some ways, but then again, it means less daytime surfing, the beauty of this job, meh!! swings and roundabouts
Exactly what I'm thinking....from 28th February I won't have any day time surfing
ghostface.gif

But a better job, so as you say - swings and roundabouts....

Im contemplating City Shrimpers, but i think the mrs would brand me with a hot Iron!  
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ Feb. 15 2005,15:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Feb. 15 2005,15:52)]
[b said:

biggrin.gif
Most of the pasty re-churned RnB stuff in the Midweek charts is boring??
Well yeah but that's not what I meant. I meant by it's very nature your mid-week charts thread comes in the middle of the week at a time when many of us are at our most bored so it goes off in wierd tangents to keep ourselves amused. That's my theory anyway.

and who said CD singles and the singles charts served no purpose anymore!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ Feb. 15 2005,15:56)]Im contemplating City Shrimpers, but i think the mrs would brand me with a hot Iron!  
biggrin.gif
Ouch! As much as I think it will be a good night I don't think it will be that good.

I'm up for a nice few days if I get through today and tomorrow without dying of boredom. Finish this job tomorrow but don't start new one till 28th. So lie in bed Thursday watching DVD's, have another long lie-in on Friday and catch the train for a City Shrimpers ****-up then go to Northampton on Saturday.

tounge.gif

Well, its mainly he fact i have a 10 week old baby, and i feel bad enough shes looking after it all day, plus by friday so knackered ATM with him up in the night ETC. Plus none of u know who i am, altho if you look closely at my left arm the sleeve of my jacket shimmers with pink where i lean on my closed copy of the Guiness book of hit singles 16th edition as i sleep
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ Feb. 15 2005,16:05)]Well, its mainly he fact i have a 10 week old baby, and i feel bad enough shes looking after it all day, plus by friday so knackered ATM with him up in the night ETC. Plus none of u know who i am, altho if you look closely at my left arm the sleeve of my jacket shimmers with pink where i lean on my closed copy of the Guiness book of hit singles 16th edition as i sleep  
biggrin.gif
I'm making the most of it mate as I will have a newborn baby myself by the end of April!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Feb. 15 2005,16:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ Feb. 15 2005,16:05)]Well, its mainly he fact i have a 10 week old baby, and i feel bad enough shes looking after it all day, plus by friday so knackered ATM with him up in the night ETC. Plus none of u know who i am, altho if you look closely at my left arm the sleeve of my jacket shimmers with pink where i lean on my closed copy of the Guiness book of hit singles 16th edition as i sleep  
biggrin.gif
I'm making the most of it mate as I will have a newborn baby myself by the end of April!
It's my turn in September.
Perhaps our surreal trains of thought relates to some kind of new Dad issues ?
If MtS comes on here 2mrw with surreal ramblings like last week then he had better go & buy a Clearview test @ lunchtime.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Feb. 15 2005,16:15)]
[b said:
[b said:
biggrin.gif
If MtS comes on here 2mrw with surreal ramblings like last week then he had better go & buy a Clearview test @ lunchtime.
ooooooo.....let's go off in a different tangent now. Don't get me wrong I absolutely can't wait for the birth of my baby but there is almost nothing worse than new Dads and Dads to be discussing baby things!  
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Feb. 15 2005,16:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Feb. 15 2005,16:15)]
[b said:
[b said:
biggrin.gif
ooooooo.....let's go off in a different tangent now. Don't get me wrong I absolutely can't for the birth of my baby but there is almost nothing worse than new Dads and Dads to be discussing baby things!  
ghostface.gif
Good point, I'm getting enough of that at home especially when the mother-in-law calls or visits
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Feb. 15 2005,16:21)]Good point, I'm getting enough of that at home especially when the mother-in-law calls or visits  
down.gif
Right, let's leave all that new man b******s alone and get back to talking about birds, booze, football and music!

tounge.gif

Back