• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Davros

The Whippet
I was at a clients office yesterday so couldnt sit on the net all day ala most days, but here they are...

Singles

01 (NE) Elvis Presley - Rock-A-Hula Baby
02 (NE) Stereophonics - Dakota
03 (01) Nelly ft. Tim McGraw - Over & Over
04 (02) Jennifer Lopez - Get Right
05 (NE) Cabin Crew - Star to Fall
biggrin.gif

New Entries 6-40
06 The Bravery - An Honest Mistake
07 Britney Spears - Do Somethin'
15 Styles & Breeze - Heartbeatz
biggrin.gif

16 REM - Electron Blue
19 Moby - Lift Me Up
21 Bjork - Triump Of A Heart
23 LCD Soundsystem - Daft Punk Is Playing At My House
27 Shania Twain - Don't
29 Rammstein - Keine Lust
33 Fatboy Slim - The Joker
34 Kano - Typical Me

New Entries 41-75
48 Hell Is For Heroes - Models For The Programme
50 Annie - Heartbeat
54 Nathan - Come Into My Room
56 Earlies - Bring It Back Again
59 Ethan - In My Heart
62 Ambulance Ltd - Stay Where You Are
63 Soundtrack Of Our Lives - Heading For A Breakdown
73 Fightstar - They Liked You Better When You were Dead :laughing out loud:

Albums

01 G4 - G4
rock.gif

02 Jennifer Lopez - Rebirth
03 Scissor Sisters - Scissor Sisters
04 Il Divo - Il Divo
05 Doves - Some Cities

What surprised me is how them and her got to numbers 1 & 2 in the albums chart.

Her latest track sounds like some1 tryin to charm a f*ckin cobra!

In the singles charts... very pleased wiht how well Cabin Crew and Styles & Breeze are doing, and the smug amoungst us must be thinking how much of a tw*t Charlie eyebrows must be feeling with Fightstar at 73 in the middies when Busted never missed the top 10 with a release..
laugh.gif

Hmm, this hasnt really taken off this week.. maybe Thursdays updates.. with SALES FIGURES will juicen things up!!....  
suspect.gif

Thursday's Update

Singles

01 (NE) Elvis Presley - Rock-A-Hula-Baby 24.1k
02 (NE) Stereophonics - Dakota 22.9k
04 (NE) Cabin Crew - Star To Fall
05 (02) Jennifer Lopez - Get Right
06 (NE) Bravery - A Honest Mistake 9.8K
07 (NE) Britney Spears - Do Somethin' 8.1k
08 (05) Akon - Locked Up
10 (04) Girls Aloud - Wake Me Up

12 Game ft. 50 Cent - How We Do
13 (NE) Styles and Breeze ft. Karen Danzig - Heartbeatz
16 Brian and Delta - Almost Here
17 (NE) Moby - Lift Me Up
19 (NE) REM - Electron Blue
20 Futureheads - Hounds Of Love

As you can see Styles & Breeze up from 15 - 13 already.. might go top 10!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

ALBUMS

01 G4 - G4
02 Il Divo - Il Divo
03 Jennifer Lopez - Rebirth

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ Mar. 03 2005,11:50)]Hmm, this hasnt really taken off this week.. maybe Thursdays updates.. with SALES FIGURES will juicen things up!!....
suspect.gif

Thursday's Update

Singles

01 (NE) Elvis Presley - Rock-A-Hula-Baby 24.1k
02 (NE) Stereophonics - Dakota 22.9k
04 (NE) Cabin Crew - Star To Fall
05 (02) Jennifer Lopez - Get Right
06 (NE) Bravery - A Honest Mistake 9.8K
07 (NE) Britney Spears - Do Somethin' 8.1k
08 (05) Akon - Locked Up
10 (04) Girls Aloud - Wake Me Up

12 Game ft. 50 Cent - How We Do
13 (NE) Styles and Breeze ft. Karen Danzig - Heartbeatz
16 Brian and Delta - Almost Here
17 (NE) Moby - Lift Me Up
19 (NE) REM - Electron Blue
20 Futureheads - Hounds Of Love

As you can see Styles & Breeze up from 15 - 13 already.. might go top 10!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

ALBUMS

01 G4 - G4
02 Il Divo - Il Divo
03 Jennifer Lopez - Rebirth
8'000 to get into the top 10? I've got limited edition records with bigger pressings than that, it's ridiculous.

Tell me about it. Illegal downloading has killed the single industry. It was worse a couple of months ago, at least these Elvis re-issues have raised the number 1 slot by about 10k.

Nelly sold about 40k last week, the best for a number 1 since band aid

Thats b*llsh*t really

People always harp on about how £2.99 is to much for a single, but that can be up to 40mins of music, and yet no1 complains about payin £3 for a sh*tty 30 second ringtone of exactly the same song, yet ringtones ousold CD singles by 3/1 last year... work that out!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ Mar. 03 2005,15:53)]Thats b*llsh*t really

People always harp on about how £2.99 is to much for a single, but that can be up to 40mins of music, and yet no1 complains about payin £3 for a sh*tty 30 second ringtone of exactly the same song, yet ringtones ousold CD singles by 3/1 last year... work that out!
Up to 40 minutes? Thought the chart ruling was a total of twenty minutes of music? Mind you I've not paid attention to the rulings for a long while...

Ten years ago you could have paid £2.99 for a single and got four tracks, now normally it's just two, and if one of them's a remix and not an original track, then it's just a big waste of money.

I think it's the novelty of ringtones that makes people spend £3 on them to be honest, but I certainly think it's shocking to pay that much to be a poser. I got my ringtone on Orange wap-thingy, when they had it for free (although I did pay for the call)...

How about sh*t music has killed the single ?

Look at the album chart FFS - a sad reflection of the power of media. I know it was ever thus but Bob the Builder's Greatest Hits has to stand a fair chance against half of these.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ Mar. 04 2005,16:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ Mar. 03 2005,15:53)]Thats b*llsh*t really

Up to 40 minutes? Thought the chart ruling was a total of twenty minutes of music? Mind you I've not paid attention to the rulings for a long while...

Ten years ago you could have paid £2.99 for a single and got four tracks, now normally it's just two, and if one of them's a remix and not an original track, then it's just a big waste of money.

I think it's the novelty of ringtones that makes people spend £3 on them to be honest, but I certainly think it's shocking to pay that much to be a poser. I got my ringtone on Orange wap-thingy, when they had it for free (although I did pay for the call)...
the ruling was made 20 minutes by the power if pop sh*te back in about 1999. This didnt really do much for dance artists etc.

there was a campaing throughout 2002-2002 and on the 1st of November 2003, it was extended back to 40minutes again.

this is also when the £2 for a two track rule etc came into play, and now most cd's that are only two tracks have a sticker on it sayin "expect to pay no more than £2 for this CD".

It gives an option really, ie - pay £1.99 for the radio edit and a b-side, or pay £2.99 for the radio edit, 6 mixes and a video/ or the radio edit, a live verison, a few b-sides, some gallery thing etc.

To be honest things arent too expensive now, but when ppl can get music for free, its obviously gonna kill single sales, but these will be the same ppl who are left moaning when new acts dont break thru as the record companies have no ££ to sign them.

The only reason I can think that ringtones sell so well is "easy access" People can just text POLY fastfoodrockers and within a minute or two they have the ringtone.

I read that come mid-April the download and CD Single charts will be merging.

I reckon the charts will take an interesting shape once this happens.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ Mar. 04 2005,22:01)]The only reason I can think that ringtones sell so well is "easy access" People can just text POLY fastfoodrockers and within a minute or two they have the ringtone.

I read that come mid-April the download and CD Single charts will be merging.

I reckon the charts will take an interesting shape once this happens.
Yes and no.

Pre-release downloads (the ones that are usually top of wednesdays 'official download chart') will not be included until there release, and the amount of legal downloads is just about as scant as single sales, so the only real people who will benefit are those that release there new material as download only (eg George Michael)

I also think this intergration has been put back a bit....

my theory is the put back is to help elvis, who hasnt even been hittin the top 5 of the d/l chart (i guess all the elvis fans who buy 10"'s havent accomplished any further on the web than elvis fan sites??)

Back