• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Migrant boat deaths in the Med.

What can you do? The "glorious" Arab springs from a few years ago have resorted to nothing but genocide and it shows these and other poor sods will risk their lived to get away from it.

Once again politicians create the situation and politicians are clueless how to stop the situation.

Step 1,massive leaflet drop over Syria explaining the death toll and danger they face.
Step 2,blockade Syrian ports.
Step 3,adopt the Australian method which has resulted in 0 boats trying to go there.

Once again politicians create the situation and politicians are clueless how to stop the situation.

Step 1,massive leaflet drop over Syria explaining the death toll and danger they face.
Step 2,blockade Syrian ports.
Step 3,adopt the Australian method which has resulted in 0 boats trying to go there.

Explain step 1 to someone who can see their family rounded up and executed because they don't follow the same ******** religion....and as for Australia..... http://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/jan/19/immigration.uk

Explain step 1 to someone who can see their family rounded up and executed because they don't follow the same ******** religion.

It's a mess nobody can dispute that fact.

12 years on when the first boat load arrived in Italy and since last Friday according to officials some 14,000 have landed or died trying to get into Italy.

Can Europe which is already on it's knees through unemployment and social problems really take more people who will only make the situation far worse.

12 years on when the first boat load arrived in Italy and since last Friday according to officials some 14,000 have landed or died trying to get into Italy.

Can Europe which is already on it's knees through unemployment and social problems really take more people who will only make the situation far worse.

Is it on it's knees? Do you have any evidence for that statement?

Is it on it's knees? Do you have any evidence for that statement?

Greece will almost certainly leave or be ejected from the Eurozone,they are bankrupt.
Spain,Italy,France,Portugal have massive unemployment with millions unable to purchase medication for their health needs.
Germany teetering on the brink of recession.
The Euro has virtually crashed.

One of the few things I'm prepared to give NF any credit for it is, that (unlike Cameron), he has always insisted that the UK take in its fair share of refugees.

Greece will almost certainly leave or be ejected from the Eurozone,they are bankrupt.
Spain,Italy,France,Portugal have massive unemployment with millions unable to purchase medication for their health needs.
Germany teetering on the brink of recession.
The Euro has virtually crashed.

Is this what they tell you in the Daily Fail or Express?

EU.That's the body that have relinquished their responsibility for patrolling (and policing) the Med.properly.

In terms of the territorial waters I believe you are correct.

However for me, the fact that so many are trying desperately to get to Europe....suggests we need to make these people safe in their Country of origin, wherever that maybe.

For me that is where the UN comes in, we need to create safe havens not just in Europe but throughout the world.

However for me, the fact that so many are trying desperately to get to Europe....suggests we need to make these people safe in their Country of origin, wherever that maybe.

For me that is where the UN comes in, we need to create safe havens not just in Europe but throughout the world.

I think we tried that by removing Saddam & Gaddafi. The Middle East and North Africa is so incredibly complex - there is no bad guys, just shades of total ******.

I think we tried that by removing Saddam & Gaddafi. The Middle East and North Africa is so incredibly complex - there is no bad guys, just shades of total ******.

What do we do then? Invite them all over to the EU to intermingle with residents who do not share their ideology or religious views? You can't keep importing immigrants all the time, it creates a lot of friction and disrupts the balance. Especially if they're just going to be found a home and lounge about on benefits. Who will pick up the bill for that?

Sadly the West only made things far worse,the 2 you mention managed to control the masses with whatever means they chose it was never pretty but it worked.Now both countries are in disarray with the West long retreated out of it.

Are you suggesting setting up refugee camps in Libya etc, to process migrants appications for asylum, (which I believe is official UKIP policy)?

Last edited:
How naive we all were when we thought the 'Arab Spring' would liberate the Middle East.

It's a tragedy but these people know the risks and what can we do about it? At the end of the day they're crossing illegally and in most cases being smuggled. We all know which country they want to come to...

What do we do then? Invite them all over to the EU to intermingle with residents who do not share their ideology or religious views? You can't keep importing immigrants all the time, it creates a lot of friction and disrupts the balance. Especially if they're just going to be found a home and lounge about on benefits. Who will pick up the bill for that?

Not sure what you base that on. Someone who risks their life in such a manner would seem to me to be someone proactive and entrepreneurial. The type of person we'd want to attract.

How naive we all were when we thought the 'Arab Spring' would liberate the Middle East.

It's a tragedy but these people know the risks and what can we do about it? At the end of the day they're crossing illegally and in most cases being smuggled. We all know which country they want to come to...

According to the BBC news at lunchtime, the prefererred countries on the migrants list were :-

1.Germany

2.France

3.Italy.

4.U.K.

Back