• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Mildenhall to Swindon??

Wouldn't be surprised at all.

Usually when a song starts incorporating our goalkeeper's name ( Martin Margetson, Melvyn Capelton, Daryl Flahavan), he gets moved on.

Now the onus is on Tilly to find another one with 5 syllables to replace Mighty Mildenhall......

I would normalyl write this sort of rumour off but as it is his local club, who knows

**** off Swindon

Couldn't agree more. Why the hell would we allow our number 1 goalkeeper to leave when he's only just established himself here? If he went we'd probably have another half a season or so of upheaval while the new keeper got himself settled and with us definitely losing Dervite and possibly Clarke also leaving, we're going to have more than enough change at the back as it is!

Couldn't agree more. Why the hell would we allow our number 1 goalkeeper to leave when he's only just established himself here? If he went we'd probably have another half a season or so of upheaval while the new keeper got himself settled and with us definitely losing Dervite and possibly Clarke also leaving, we're going to have more than enough change at the back as it is!

Probably because we have fans who chant previous goalkeepers names and berated him something silly earlier in the season.

Things like that stick in the throat and I'm not be suprised if he was interested in a move back to Swindon.

Ok they are his local club but he could be at a play off chasing club where he is liked and probably going to be in the top 3 at least for player of the year or he could leave to go o a bottom half club and I am sure I read somewhere that they already have 2 keepers battling for number 1 and the fans love 1 of them. Doubt there is much truth in this or should I put hope that there isn't much truth in this.

I do know that he has bought a house down towards yeovil way in the last year, so maybe some legs in this.

The article does only say that they have been making tentative enquiries about him; maybe we are saying no...
Reading the comments some think he is a fantastic keeper, most think he is average at this level but better than their current keepers and some think he's awful, one calls him a "moron"

Last edited:
We asked him about this last night, and he said he'd heard this rumour but knew nothing about it. He's either got a very good poker face or he honestly doesn't know anything, and was talking about plans for next season up here.

Complete rubbish in my opinion.

Tilly backed Mildenhall earlier on in the season when others where calling for the return of Flavs, and since his injury, his come back a completely different goalkeeper. He is exactly the type of goalkeeper Tilly wants, so I can't see any legs in this whatsoever.

Swindon can do one!

I can see Swindon being interested but I can't see him going there.

Back