• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mildy will be a weak link this year!

Is Mildy a weak link?

• Total voters

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Started off poor as expected without Dorian's protection. Poor positionally, lacks conviction and bottle and very slow getting down. Joyce probably not much better but already the cracks in his game are showing and fancy we would have a few more points already with a proper keeper. Slag me off all you like but are you seriously happy with him between the sticks?

We'd be top, would've won every game and wouldn't have conceded a single goal yet if Darryl was still here.

:dim:

We'd be top, would've won every game and wouldn't have conceded a single goal yet if Darryl was still here.

:dim:

No need to be silly, are you happy with the poser?

No need to be silly, are you happy with the poser?

Most definitely. Have you actually paid attention to some of the keepers in this league? We could be watching David Forde, Ben Williams or Steve Phillips every week. Think yourself bloody lucky.

Anyway, poser? Surely that's a very accurate description of one Mr D Flahavan?

Started off poor as expected without Dorian's protection. Poor positionally, lacks conviction and bottle and very slow getting down. Joyce probably not much better but already the cracks in his game are showing and fancy we would have a few more points already with a proper keeper. Slag me off all you like but are you seriously happy with him between the sticks?

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

I think Mildenhall is a confidence player and, at the moment, I don't think he looks confident and I think that is feeding into his performances. I think he is a good goalkeeper but, considering his height, I don't think he is as commanding as he should be.

First half of the season last year i thought he was terrible. Second half of the season he looked better, but granted with DD and PC in front of him i guess he was more confident.
I think he is too indecisive at times, but this could be again down to confidence.

I think he's a very average keeper for this level and will cost us points at some stage during the season. However i do think he is capable of pulling off a decent save that will gain us points during the season.

Side note - I do feel sorry for you Wiggy. You ask a legitimate question and too many comedians are quick to shoot you down

First half of the season last year i thought he was terrible. Second half of the season he looked better, but granted with DD and PC in front of him i guess he was more confident.
I think he is too indecisive at times, but this could be again down to confidence.

I think he's a very average keeper for this level and will cost us points at some stage during the season. However i do think he is capable of pulling off a decent save that will gain us points during the season.

Side note - I do feel sorry for you Wiggy. You ask a legitimate question and too many comedians are quick to shoot you down

I'm used to it Grays. It takes most of the rose tinted mob on here at least 5 months to see what people with a football brain see in 3 weeks as with the Sankofa/Francis argument, where are they now? Mildy is not a good keeper for his size and his lack of commitment and agility is worrying but theyv'e all got there wish with a tall bloke that can't get down, laughable!

Mildy is not a good keeper for his size and his lack of commitment and agility is worrying but theyv'e all got there wish with a tall bloke that can't get down, laughable!

...who replaced a short bloke who couldn't get up for corners.

Look, neither Flavs nor Mildy is (a) perfect; or (b) as good as Sammy or Roycie. We should always be looking to improve every aspect of the squad, including the keeper.

Mildy has his flaws, but on balance, he's a better-than-average L1 keeper. He'll do for now. And, given he does seem to be a bit of a confidence player, how about we all get behind him?!

Matt

wiggy is the author of her own misfortune. If she ever came on here to praise, or after a win, then people wouldn't be quite so ready to shoot her down.

The fact is that she only ever comes on here to criticise. And, like the little boy who cried "wolf" all the time, people eventually get sick of it.

Hey ho.

...who replaced a short bloke who couldn't get up for corners.

Look, neither Flavs nor Mildy is (a) perfect; or (b) as good as Sammy or Roycie. We should always be looking to improve every aspect of the squad, including the keeper.

Mildy has his flaws, but on balance, he's a better-than-average L1 keeper. He'll do for now. And, given he does seem to be a bit of a confidence player, how about we all get behind him?!

Matt

Who mentioned Flavs? Can't think of one thing Mildenhall is strong on so when his confidence dips which is quite often how about giving the very patient Joyce a go?

What a predictable thread. Yes wiggy I'm quite content with Mildy, clearly you're not....what a surprise! :D

Back