• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Milligan

Optimistically speaking there are some optimistic things that are just too optimistic! But running around "a lot" is subjective. I think he runs around as much as he can.

People have forgot that Ron dangled a carrot of a potential assistant role..now the whole set up has changed what's his motivation .Probably totally ****** off with Ron and the club

I really don’t get this anti-Milligan stance by most on here... he’s trying to protect the back 4 and close/press in the middle. He can’t do it all and is, IMO, a victim of trying to do just that and failing at both. That’s not because he’s sh1te it’s because he’s trying to do too much. That said, his passing hasn’t been much cop the past few games, I did expect more from him in this part of his game.

Last edited:
I really don’t get this anti-Milligan stance by lost on here... he’s trying to protect the back 4 and close/press in the middle. He can’t do it all and is, IMO, a victim of trying to do just that and failing at both. That’s not because he’s sh1te it’s because he’s trying to do too much. That said, his passing hasn’t been much cop the past few games, I did expect more from him in this part of his game.

It's because Oxley has been dropped, Mantom is injured, Bond sacked, Theo has been hounded out etc we need a new scapegoat.

It's because Oxley has been dropped, Mantom is injured, Bond sacked, Theo has been hounded out etc we need a new scapegoat.
I think there’s worse in this squad than Milligan. But you can see why people are frustrated and angry .. think Milligan’s suffered from being a Bond signing and perhaps being an international people were expecting more?

That’s Milligan done

Who should we next rip to bits?

Sorry, it’s not Milligan’s fault he’s where he is, blame should fall on Bond’s shoulders, But he’s not here, so what about Cross who scouted has? Not here...

So that leaves our glorious chairman... Who hired Bond and Cross, then sat on his hands whilst Rome burns and now poor Sol had the job from hell (if Ron had hired anyone but Bond on the Summer - and let’s face it there were far better candidates) or had hired Sol 7 weeks ago there maybe something to salvage from this car crash of a season.

Ron - it’s all your fault.

So, back to the players...

How about Ralph? He tackles like a paper bag, he shoots like a bag of sand and he runs like a one legged cheese grater.
How about all of them all Abunch of **** house ... you carry on protecting them ... not for me mate **** houses the lot of em

I really don’t get this anti-Milligan stance by most on here... he’s trying to protect the back 4 and close/press in the middle. He can’t do it all and is, IMO, a victim of trying to do just that and failing at both. That’s not because he’s sh1te it’s because he’s trying to do too much. That said, his passing hasn’t been much cop the past few games, I did expect more from him in this part of his game.
Back 5 remember back 5 and he’s the defensive covet and not only that he’s the captain of this once great club ... so that 6 defensive players with him and we have let in 54 goals in all completion this season and it’s only the second week of November ???? yep ! I’ll tell you why people are disappointed with him

He's slow, he doesn't tackle, he doesn't break up play, he's half a second behind the play, he doesn't track runners. He doesn't lead, a very poor signing. I'm a season ticket holder and I've seen nothing, other than his reputation as being Australia captain, to justify his place in the first team. I'd much rather Klass was given a go in preparation for next season.

I spoke to a well connected source at the club and he told me milligan is an arsehole!! He walks around the training ground like he owns the place and is extremely arrogant!! We need to get rid asap! So what if hes played in world cups !! This type of character is not what we need around the squad! Ok if hes performance matches his arrogance then fine but at the moment his performances are shocking
Interesting. If true not what you need as captain...

Let’s be honest, you don’t become a national team captain for that long and play in three World Cups if you don’t have a bit about you. He’s clearly not a poor player, but the problem is he is in no way suited to League One. Unfortunately he fully sums up Kevin Bond’s lack of knowledge about this league.

He's slow, he doesn't tackle, he doesn't break up play, he's half a second behind the play, he doesn't track runners. He doesn't lead, a very poor signing. I'm a season ticket holder and I've seen nothing, other than his reputation as being Australia captain, to justify his place in the first team. I'd much rather Klass was given a go in preparation for next season.
Yes, that is the point, he is keeping out a young player from coming into the team. Time to move on.

I had a v brief word with him after the Ipswich game and TBH he didnt strike me as arrogant, however...I kept a close watch of him in that and the subsequent two away defeats and must now say;

MARK, KINDLY DO THE DECENT AND HONOURABLE THING TODAY AND RESIGN AND REPAY THE SALARY YOU HAVE HAD WHILE MASQUERADING AS A PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER. Thank you, much love.

Sir, with all due respect that is tosh. All of those players are simply nowhere near good enough as is Mr Aussie. Another thing. how was Robinson "hounded out" exactly...He is simply gash and another Ron Martin sponsored disaster. I would cringe at the thought of him even being in our squad...I didnt rate him much first time around when he actually HAD pace either...As a footnote, I do get why some supporters complain that he is "Wasteing our money" as a wage earner...Ultimately he is wasting R Martin's money when he eventually comes to his own senses and writes it off and walks away. Nobody, but nobody will buy him out, he has little or nothing left to sell anyway including his own soul.

Go now Ron, and give the club to the supporters trust. I am close to the point now after 52 years of support of giving up, sadly!

I had a v brief word with him after the Ipswich game and TBH he didnt strike me as arrogant, however...I kept a close watch of him in that and the subsequent two away defeats and must now say;

MARK, KINDLY DO THE DECENT AND HONOURABLE THING TODAY AND RESIGN AND REPAY THE SALARY YOU HAVE HAD WHILE MASQUERADING AS A PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER. Thank you, much love.

Why should he be the one to go and repay his salary when there are a lot of other players you could accuse of the same?

A Midfield role is made all the more difficult if the distance between the 2 back 4's is stretched , we play so deep at the moment that there is so much space in the midfield area for players to take 3 or 4 touches , get their heads up and play at will .

With MM so called protecting the back 3 he is sitting far to deep on their toes and inviting his opposing number to pick the ball up and do what he likes with it. Personally i would tell our midfield to get tight and concentrate on marking the opposing number and worry about their own job in winning the midfield duel .

I've seen him get dragged around the pitch and try and close down his player but his starting position is so far off that its making him look a very untidy and clueless player, also protecting the back 3 is pointless when Scouts know we are terrible at defending and especially vulnerable at defending crosses into our box .
By not doing this it enables the CM to pick the ball up , no pressure , play it out wide and then makes a run unmarked into our box .

Its not just MM fault but i do blame him for not being vocal enough on the pitch as a leader, he should be screaming at players around him to squeeze the game up to create less of a space for us to get over run in the midfield .

Campbell is being paid to come in , identify this and put it right , the confidence thing is a huge part of it , the players need to be braver in what they are doing - the first sign of a scared and negative side is they drop deep , we do it from KO and its just like waving a white flag at our opponents to come attack us.

Several times Tuesday he could be seen urging players to get up the pitch and put pressure on the ball.....

Great post btw

Why should he be the one to go and repay his salary when there are a lot of other players you could accuse of the same?

Excuse me,,he shouldnt but along with all but Bishop, Bwomono, Hutchinson, Cox ,Hopper Kelman Kiernan and Huphreys THEY ALL should

Back